Performance Engineer- DeveloperApply Job ID: R-007817 Date posted: 01/29/2020 Primary Location SC-Fort Mill
LPL Financial is seeking highly experienced and skilled talent with proven record of accomplishment in software development that can apply those skills to performance engineering. The candidate filling this position will be experienced and expertly able to diagnose, isolate, and solve complex performance and scalability runtime issues of highly scalable distributed software systems. In addition, this engineer will utilize their software engineering skills to design, integrate and automate the performance testing, analysis, reporting process into the agile pipeline.
This Performance Engineering team position is within the Engineering Quality group in the Software Technology Development department.
Responsibilities and Deliverables
- Work directly with primary stakeholders: Architecture, App Dev, Performance Testers, Business units and Operations.
- Establish runtime performance standards and best practices
- Review software designs, architectures and code for scalability, performance, stability, and compliance to standards
- Define and create Performance test strategies, test plans, test summary interpretation, and test execution oversight.
- Perform problem isolation, root cause analysis, optimizations, and corrective actions.
- Develop processes, tools and services to integrate and automate performance testing and monitoring into the engineering life cycle.
- Analytical troubleshooting and problem solving skills.
- An engineering mindset with engineering background.
- Bachelor’s degree with 5 years or Master’s degree with 3 years’ experience, in software design, implementation and maintaining highly scalable distributed software systems.
Basic Skills and Technologies
- Knowledge of internal runtime of operating systems (Unix / Linux, Windows)
- Experience with scripting languages and Object Oriented languages, such as: Java / .Net / Python / PowerShell
- Experience with Object Oriented Software Design and Programming
- Experience with runtime, tuning and scaling of Web services, JVMs, .NET, IIS, AppPools
- Advanced knowledge of MSFT SQL and/or Oracle, query optimization, query plans, stored procedures, index tuning, and SQL Internals
- Experience with containerized scalable micro services, Kubernetes, Docker, on-prem and cloud
- Working knowledge of protocols: TCP/IP, RESTful Apps, JSON, Single page apps
- Working knowledge of middleware and workflow platforms, such as: MuleSoft, Tibco, AppWay
- Working knowledge of caching platforms, such as: Coherence, SOLR, Apache Ignite
- Knowledge of no SQL data platforms, such as: MapR, Hadoop, Spark
- Experience with APM, Database and Infrastructure monitoring tools, such as: Dynatrace SaaS; SolarWinds DPA & SAM, Visual JM, NMon, MuleSoft AnyPoint, MapR MCS and Grafana.
- Experience with Performance testing tools, such as: JMeter / Blaze Meter, HP Performance Center
About LPL Financial:
LPL Financial is a leader in the retail financial advice market and the nation’s largest independent broker/dealer*. We serve independent financial advisors and financial institutions, providing them with the technology, research, clearing and compliance services, and practice management programs they need to create and grow thriving practices. LPL enables them to provide objective guidance to millions of American families seeking wealth management, retirement planning, financial planning and asset management solutions. LPL and its affiliates have more than 4,200 employees with primary offices in Boston, Charlotte, and San Diego.
*As reported by Financial Planning magazine, June 1996-2019, based on total revenue.
If you join LPL, you will join a culture that believes in delivering a world-class client experience and looks to all employees to contribute to that goal by sharing their creativity, experience, and passion for continuous improvement. As a destination of choice, our top priorities are growth and development, social responsibility, and financial health for our employees.
We offer competitive compensation and industry leading benefits, including a wellness facility with onsite fitness classes, healthy meal choices, and a walk-in clinic. We support employee financial health through a 401k match, ESPP, and employee discounts. Work/life balance is our foundation and is supported through paid holidays, and paid time off (including time to volunteer). We foster a diverse work environment through Employee Resource Groups and diverse strategic partnerships.
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please log in or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE.
Information on Interviews:
LPL will only communicate with a job applicant directly from an @lpl.com email address and will never conduct an interview online or in a chatroom forum. During an interview, LPL will not request any form of payment from the applicant, or information regarding an applicant’s bank or credit card. Should you have any questions regarding the application process, please contact LPL’s Human Resources Solutions Center at (800) 877-7210.