Product Analyst, Mutual Funds and ETFsApply Job ID: R-018678 Date posted: 11/03/2021 Primary Location SC-Fort Mill Other Locations CA-Remote , CA-San Diego
The Investment Product Management team within LPL’s Wealth Management Solutions (WMS) group is responsible for delivering a highly competitive set of investment solutions. This includes the product offering, pricing advisor/client access to solutions, and promotional activities. The team’s goal from an investment product management perspective is to enhance our clients’ experience and ability to grow and to enhance our firm’s economic and risk profiles.
This role will be responsible for product management of mutual funds and ETFs, including onboarding of new products, project management pertaining to the investment content, pricing, policies and client experience across LPL’s mutual fund and ETF offerings. It collaborates closely with LPL’s Research, Legal, Product Risk, Finance, and Marketing/ Communication teams as well as the sales team to collectively create great client outcomes.
This role will:
Perform onboarding of mutual funds and ETFs with respect to initial diligence and product onboarding. This includes leading the evaluation process for certain asset categories to determine eligibility. Additionally, the role is expected to contribute to the evolution of the process Engage with advisors to explain fund availability and assist in managing the pipeline of product requests Work with LPL Research on any funds that need additional review Act as a change management champion to drive education and awareness of changes to the MF and ETF product offerings Develop processes to monitor for risks with product partners and monitor product offerings on an ongoing basis in conjunction with LPL’s Research and Product Risk teams Provide project management leadership on a variety of projects. Examples include: review of product concentration limits or risk flags with LPL’s Governance Risk & Compliance team, semi-annual product screeners, development of approach to substantially similar products Collaborate with others in Investment Product Management on standardizing LPL’s product management across product categories
The position requires a candidate with mutual fund and ETF experience. The ability to operate in partnership with other teams within IIS and across the organization is also critical to the role. Experience with investments and the ability to operate independently to advance projects and handle advisor escalations are baseline skills required of the role.
- Act as a subject matter expert for all aspects of LPL’s Mutual Fund and ETF offerings
- Partner with others in Investment Product Management to support departmental and firm-wide initiatives
- Provide thought leadership to enhance/evolve LPL approach to Mutual Fund and ETF diligence assessing fund availability
- Partner with product risk to improve our approach to on-going monitoring. Own the resolution of specific issues with fund categories or fund companies
- Track regulatory changes and industry / competitor developments in terms of product, pricing, policy and platform experience within the mutual fund and ETF product categories
- Provide expertise in the offerings and consult with Marketing and Communication team members on product attractiveness and change management
- Bachelor's degree with a minimum of 3 years of related experience in the financial services industry.
- Deep understanding of mutual funds, ETFs product trends and industry regulations
- Excellent quantitative and analytical skills
- Experience working with investment-oriented databases and analytical software including Morningstar, FactSet and Excel
- Product management experience associated with evaluating dynamic decisions and contributing towards recommendations that enhance the product offering
- Ability to lead projects in a matrix managed fashion leveraging strong interpersonal and written communication skills
- FINRA Series 7/66 preferred
At LPL, we believe that objective financial guidance is a fundamental need for everyone. As the nation’s leading independent broker-dealer, we offer an integrated platform of proprietary technology, brokerage, and investment advisor services. We provide you with a work environment that encourages your creativity and growth, a leadership team that is supportive and responsive, and the opportunity to create a career that has no limits, only amazing potential.
We are one team on one mission. We take care of our advisors, so they can take care of their clients.
Because our company is not too big and not too small, you can seize the opportunity to make a real impact. We are committed to supporting workplace equality, and we embrace the different perspectives and backgrounds of our employees.We also care for our communities, and we encourage our employees to do the same. This creates an environment in which you can do your best work.
Want to hear from our employees on what it’s like to work at LPL? Watch this!
We take social responsibility seriously. Learn more here
Want to see info on our benefits? Learn more here
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please log in or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE.
Information on Interviews:
LPL will only communicate with a job applicant directly from an @lplfinancial.com email address and will never conduct an interview online or in a chatroom forum. During an interview, LPL will not request any form of payment from the applicant, or information regarding an applicant’s bank or credit card. Should you have any questions regarding the application process, please contact LPL’s Human Resources Solutions Center at (800) 877-7210.