Project Manager, AVPApply Job ID: R-023862 Date posted: 07/06/2022 Primary Location SC-Fort Mill Other Locations CA-San Diego
Are you a team player? Are you curious to learn? Are you interested in working in meaningful projects? Do you want to work with cutting-edge technology? Are you interested in being part of a team that is working to transform and do things differently? If so, LPL Financial is the place for you!
Excited to learn more? If so, then this could be the role for you!
LPL Financial (Nasdaq: LPLA) was founded on the principle that the firm should work for the advisor, and not the other way around. Today, LPL is a leader* in the markets we serve, supporting more than 18,000 financial advisors, 800 institution-based investment programs and 450 independent RIA firms nationwide. We are steadfast in our commitment to the advisor-centered model and the belief that Americans deserve access to personalized guidance from a financial advisor. At LPL, independence means that advisors have the freedom they deserve to choose the business model, services, and technology resources that allow them to run their perfect practice. And they have the freedom to manage their client relationships, because they know their clients best. Simply put, we take care of our advisors, so they can take care of their clients.
The role of the Project Manager, AVP is to plan, execute, and oversee multiple project efforts aligned to a shared business objective for the Compliance, Legal, and Risk department.
- Comfortable working independently, adapting to shifting priorities, demands and timelines in a fast paced environment
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work independently and engage other team members as needed
- Demonstrated ability to interact and influence senior leaders
- Expert written and oral communication skills, strong interpersonal skills, and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse groups, executives, managers, and subject matter experts
- Detail oriented and critical thinker
- Capable of effectively planning, prioritizing and executing tasks utilizing resources and tools
- Lead technology and non-technology related projects along with process mapping and process improvement initiatives, partner with all levels of leadership
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Ability to operate in a highly dynamic multi-tasking environment, and demonstrated an ability to creatively define, develop, and execute plans to solve highly complex matters. This role requires regular interaction with senior inter/cross-departmental leadership, as well as executive leadership.
- Methodology: Agile, SDLC, SAFe, Waterfall
What are we looking for?
We want strong collaborators who can deliver a world-class client experience. We are looking for people who thrive in a fast-paced environment, are client-focused, team oriented, and are able to execute in a way that encourages creativity and continuous improvement.
- Bachelor's degree required; PMP certification strongly preferred
- Knowledge of FINRA, SEC, and State rules and regulations preferred
- 5- 8 + years business experience, preferably in the Financial Services or Broker/Dealer industries
- 3-5 + years of strong general management experience with proven ability to develop engaged, high performing teams
- 5+ years Project Management with a demonstrated track record of delivering business value in cross functional setting
- Experience developing detailed project plans with identifiable critical paths, task dependencies, and major milestones, and manage the agreed project plans and schedules in agreement with all stakeholders
- Ability to create and review project requirements to allow timely, high-quality delivery
- Demonstrated skills in leading medium to large projects
- Interface with internal customers and technical leadership to inform and understand requirements and priorities
- Must be comfortable leading and presenting in front of all levels of management
- Must have demonstrated experience with excelling in an "influence model", where results are often achieved with and through others
- Must possess the business acumen and organizational agility to manage and lead effectively in a dynamic "change is the norm" environment
- Should be an expert change management driver who has critical consensus building skills and an ability to drive complex initiatives and change across multiple functions within the organization by partnering with and leveraging others' expertise and roles
- Run regular reviews with project team members and stakeholders to assess progress, identify project key risks/concerns /issues and take appropriate actions to resolve them
- Conduct readiness assessment based on relevant acceptance criteria after each project phase, ensuring key milestones and deliverables sign-off
- Assist in the creation of new necessary governance structures and workflows to ensure deadlines are met and transparent communication about priorities and status are shared
- Must be able to build sound business relationships across the enterprise. Critical for enabling a strong mutual understanding of risks and opportunities, and achieving close alignment on business needs, direction, and risk appetite
- Demonstrated ability to interact with and influence senior leaders and customers
- Experience collaborating with various business partners across an organization to drive change, improve business performance, and being more innovative to challenge the organization past a typical status quo mindset
- Agile, Scrum and Product management experience a plus
At LPL, we believe that objective financial guidance is a fundamental need for everyone. As the nation’s leading independent broker-dealer, we offer an integrated platform of proprietary technology, brokerage, and investment advisor services. We provide you with a work environment that encourages your creativity and growth, a leadership team that is supportive and responsive, and the opportunity to create a career that has no limits, only amazing potential.
We are one team on one mission. We take care of our advisors, so they can take care of their clients.
Because our company is not too big and not too small, you can seize the opportunity to make a real impact. We are committed to supporting workplace equality, and we embrace the different perspectives and backgrounds of our employees.We also care for our communities, and we encourage our employees to do the same. This creates an environment in which you can do your best work.
Want to hear from our employees on what it’s like to work at LPL? Watch this!
We take social responsibility seriously. Learn more here
Want to see info on our benefits? Learn more here
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please log in or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE.
Information on Interviews:
LPL will only communicate with a job applicant directly from an @lplfinancial.com email address and will never conduct an interview online or in a chatroom forum. During an interview, LPL will not request any form of payment from the applicant, or information regarding an applicant’s bank or credit card. Should you have any questions regarding the application process, please contact LPL’s Human Resources Solutions Center at (800) 877-7210.