QA Performance EngineerApply Job ID: R-007817 Date posted: 11/14/2019 Primary Location SC-Fort Mill
Job Description - QA Performance Engineer
As a QA Performance Engineer, you will bring leadership and hands-on contributions to a talented team and work to expand our mobile & desktop platforms. You will provide consultation to the Performance Test engineers through your expertise in Application Design, Database Analysis, Coding and System Standards. You will be working within select application portfolios to understand their architecture, applications and assisting in the identification of issues related to: Application Standards; Performance; Stability, Resiliency and Maintainability.
You work with teams designing automated tests to evaluate the performance of complex systems and then analyzing and documenting the results. You will work as part of a Scrum team that brings together development, QA, Product and Project management. Additional knowledge of application architecture and design, as well as unit and white box testing is also a key aspect of the position. With assistance from more senior members of the team, the QA Performance Engineer builds and maintains knowledge and information on the systems and applications in their portfolio to improve LPL’s ability to support our Advisor and Client needs
- Perform Performance Engineering reviews for Performance, Stability and Resiliency
- Perform load tests to validate system performance and stability
- Analyze tests results and work with Developers and Engineers to perform bug fixes
- Provide technical assistance to improve system performance, capacity, reliability and scalability
- Perform root cause analysis of performance issues and suggest corrective actions
- Oversee system performance lifecycle and identify key metrics for performance improvements
- Evaluate system performances and recommend improvements
- Generate periodic performance reports for management review
- Generate metrics and systematically collect data
- Proficiency in SQL and experience in SQL query writing
- Good understanding of Test Life Cycle and SDLC
- Good working knowledge of integration and white box testing
- BS Degree in Computer Science or related field or relevant equivalent experience
- 2+ years of experience or equivalent in Application Development or Data Base Administration
- 3+ years of experience in QA Performance Testing including Web and Mobile applications, with an emphasis on hands on experience developing and executing automated test scripts
- Experience testing solutions that conform to service oriented architecture guidelines
- Financial and Quality Assurance and Software certifications preferred
- Knowledge on Test Management Tools (JIRA, Quality Center)
- Knowledge in Performance Test methodologies and tools
- Solid development Skills including JAVA, .NET
- Experience in component testing web and/or windows services.
- Knowledge of Agile development methodology
- Expertise in test planning, documentation
- Defining and executing test cases
- Experience in SQL Server and writing complex SQL queries to perform back-end testing
- Database skills, ANSI, Oracle, MS SQL Server
- Extensive knowledge of object oriented programming, J2EE architecture, .NET, etc.
- Problem solving and debugging skills
- Ability to create UML constructs (such as Class Diagrams, State Diagrams, or Object Diagrams)
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Expertise in performance, load and stress testing for web and client server applications a plus
About LPL Financial:
LPL Financial is a leader in the retail financial advice market and the nation’s largest independent broker/dealer*. We serve independent financial advisors and financial institutions, providing them with the technology, research, clearing and compliance services, and practice management programs they need to create and grow thriving practices. LPL enables them to provide objective guidance to millions of American families seeking wealth management, retirement planning, financial planning and asset management solutions. LPL and its affiliates have more than 3,700 employees with primary offices in Boston, Charlotte, and San Diego.
If you join LPL, you will join a culture that believes in delivering a world-class client experience and looks to all employees to contribute to that goal by sharing their creativity, experience, and passion for continuous improvement. As a destination of choice, our top priorities are growth and development, social responsibility, and financial health for our employees.
We offer competitive compensation and industry leading benefits, including a wellness facility with onsite fitness classes, healthy meal choices, and a walk-in clinic. We support employee financial health through a 401k match, ESPP, and employee discounts. Work/life balance is our foundation and is supported through paid holidays, and paid time off (including time to volunteer). We foster a diverse work environment through Employee Resource Groups and diverse strategic partnerships.
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please login or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE
*As reported by Financial Planning magazine, June 1996-2017, based on total revenue.