Regulatory Analyst – Regulatory Analysis and ProductionApply Job ID: R-011033 Date posted: 09/11/2020 Primary Location SC-Fort Mill Other Locations CA-Remote
LPL Financial is seeking a Regulatory Analyst to work in the Regulatory Analysis and Production team within Compliance, Legal and Risk (CLR). This position involves a focus on compliance issues and the candidate should have a strong understanding of securities rules and compliance policies/procedures. The person in this position will be responsible for coordinating and/or drafting response to regulatory inquiries on behalf of CLR, document production, and performing various supervisory tasks as needed for regulatory projects.
In conjunction with the Regulatory Exams & Inquiries and the Regulatory Strategy & Special Investigations teams, collect, analyze, and produce documents and other materials in response to regulatory requests. Assist with regulatory exams and inquiries as well as assist with the development and maintenance of department procedures. Review securities transactions for suitability and documentation, including variable annuities, mutual funds, equities, and alternative investments. Project management, planning and issue resolution – CLR partners rely upon analysts to handle complex issues and aggressive deadlines. At times, in addition to gathering responsive information, the individual may be called upon to work as the primary analyst, which includes drafting responses, collaborating with the regulatory attorney as well as various non-CLR business units Keep abreast of, analyze, and understand regulatory requirements, compliance procedures, and internal processes.
- Bachelor’s degree in business-related field or relevant knowledge from work experience. Graduate degree a plus.
- 4+ years of industry experience, which is defined as significant experience working in the brokerage or investment advisory industry handling compliance issues
- Current Series 7 and 63 licenses or willingness to obtain within a reasonable period
- Working knowledge of FINRA, SEC, and State rules and regulations
- Knowledge of mutual funds, annuities, general securities, and other financial products
- Ability to properly interpret and analyze regulatory and compliance issues
- Ability to identify and develop efficiencies in workflow processes
- Ability to work independently and proactively in a fast paced/high volume environment and be flexible with work schedule
- Strong analytic and organizational skills and the ability to keep track of multiple deadlines and projects
- Strong oral and written communication skills and the ability to independently draft letters and other documents
- Proficiency with all Microsoft applications, particularly Excel, Word, Access and PowerPoint.
At LPL, we believe that objective financial guidance is a fundamental need for everyone. As the nation’s leading independent broker-dealer, we offer an integrated platform of proprietary technology, brokerage, and investment advisor services. We provide you with a work environment that encourages your creativity and growth, a leadership team that is supportive and responsive, and the opportunity to create a career that has no limits, only amazing potential.
We are one team on one mission. We take care of our advisors, so they can take care of their clients.
Because our company is not too big and not too small, you can seize the opportunity to make a real impact. We are committed to supporting workplace equality, and we embrace the different perspectives and backgrounds of our employees.We also care for our communities, and we encourage our employees to do the same. This creates an environment in which you can do your best work.
Want to hear from our employees on what it’s like to work at LPL? Watch this!
We take social responsibility seriously. Learn more here
Want to see info on our benefits? Learn more here
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please log in or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE.
Information on Interviews:
LPL will only communicate with a job applicant directly from an @lpl.com email address and will never conduct an interview online or in a chatroom forum. During an interview, LPL will not request any form of payment from the applicant, or information regarding an applicant’s bank or credit card. Should you have any questions regarding the application process, please contact LPL’s Human Resources Solutions Center at (800) 877-7210.