Senior Administrative AssistantApply Job ID: R-001539 Date posted: 07/18/2018 Primary Location SC-Fort Mill
We are currently looking to hire a Sr. Administrative Assistant within our Compliance, Legal and Risk (CLR) team. This position reports to a Senior Vice President, Associate General Counsel of LPL's Legal Department and performs general administrative assistant duties for the team.
The Sr. Administrative Assistant ensures that documents are accurately prepared in order that deadlines are met and client services are delivered to both external and internal clients (i.e. other Firm departments). In addition to various projects and control functions, the Sr. Administrative Assistant coordinates and schedules meetings and handles the calendar, answers phones, arranges travel, processes expenses and prepares and electronically files legal documents. The position involves use of an electronic document management system, referring phone calls and inquiries and interacting with other administrators and attorneys within and outside of the legal department, and all levels of business personnel.
The successful candidate will have very strong MS Office skills, thrive in a fast-paced and dynamic work environment, have excellent customer service skills, have a professional demeanor and be able to interact with internal and external customers at all levels.
- Perform administrative assistant duties team as requested, including preparation of power points and other documents
- Utilize a document management system for document preparation, filing and retrieval
- Work in a fast-paced, dynamic work setting with competing and shifting priorities
- Ensure work is complete, accurate and timely
- Handle contact with outside counsel and business partners in a professional and courteous manner
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills
- Able to quickly understand and prioritize work
- Take on and/or participate in project work as requested
- Making travel arrangements and preparing related expense reports
- Arranging large meetings, including scheduling, room reservation, telecom, preparing presentation documents and the like
- 2-4 years of administrative experience
- Knowledge of legal terminology and general office procedures in a legal department is considered a plus
- Familiarity with an electronic document management system is considered a plus
- Strong computer skills including use of Microsoft Office, Outlook, Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Familiarity with web based software including Serengeti (e-billing); iManage (document management); Ariba (procurement); and Concur (expense) would be helpful but not necessary
- Strong written and verbal communications skills including correct punctuation, spelling and grammar
- Organization and use of records and files
- College degree preferred in the following areas; Liberal Studies, English, Psychology, Business, Political Science
Other Job Duties:
- Operate office equipment and be proficient with personal computer and mobile device
- Maintain confidentiality
- Work under pressure in meeting deadlines
- Work cooperatively with others
- A helpful, respectful and personable approach to client and coworker interactions
Personal pride in delivering exceptional experiences to clients and coworkers
About LPL Financial:
LPL Financial is a leader in the retail financial advice market and the nation’s largest independent broker/dealer*. We serve independent financial advisors and financial institutions, providing them with the technology, research, clearing and compliance services, and practice management programs they need to create and grow thriving practices. LPL enables them to provide objective guidance to millions of American families seeking wealth management, retirement planning, financial planning and asset management solutions. LPL and its affiliates have more than 3,700 employees with primary offices in Boston, Charlotte, and San Diego.
If you join LPL, you will join a culture that believes in delivering a world-class client experience and looks to all employees to contribute to that goal by sharing their creativity, experience, and passion for continuous improvement. As a destination of choice, our top priorities are growth and development, social responsibility, and financial health for our employees.
We offer competitive compensation and industry leading benefits, including a wellness facility with onsite fitness classes, healthy meal choices, and a walk-in clinic. We support employee financial health through a 401k match, ESPP, and employee discounts. Work/life balance is our foundation and is supported through paid holidays, and paid time off (including time to volunteer). We foster a diverse work environment through Employee Resource Groups and diverse strategic partnerships.
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please login or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE
*As reported by Financial Planning magazine, June 1996-2017, based on total revenue.