Senior Analyst,, Advisor M&AApply Job ID: R-008804 Date posted: 02/05/2020 Primary Location CA-San Diego Other Locations SC-Fort Mill
LPL Financial is seeking a strong applicant to join our team as a member of our Advisor Financial Solutions department to be part of our Advisor M&A team. The Advisor M&A group is in the process of building an end-to-end platform for our advisors to access during M&A transactions and will play an instrumental role throughout the lifecycle of a M&A transaction.
- Support Buy-side and Sell-side Advisor M&A Team with valuations, Pitchbooks, Confidential Information Memorandums, and complex deal structures
- Managing accountability of task assignments and targeted completion dates throughout the Buy-Side and Sell-side Process
- Utilize internal resources to ensure milestones are completed and advisor expectations are met
- Continue to enhance and update LPL Valuation metrics for the purpose of maintaining current multiples for valuation integrity
- Assist advisors in data analysis and other performance metrics through acquisition due diligence
- Become a specialist and subject matter expert in small business mergers and acquisitions specifically around valuations and integration
- Further assist the acquisition team in streamlining and developing scalable solutions to service the growing demands for advisor M&A activity
- Strong knowledge of business valuations and integrations preferred
- Effective communication, presentation and writing skills
- Strong Excel and PowerPoint skills desired
- Experience with CRM tools such as Salesforce is a plus
- Ability to work within a team, take the initiative and show strong attention to detail is critical
- Ability to work comfortably with incomplete information and deal with ambiguity in a fast-paced environment
- Positive attitude, commitment to excellence and integrity
- Self-Driven individual with high level of motivation
- BA/BS degree in Finance, Business, or Economics (or a related discipline) is preferred
- 3 - 5 years corporate finance, investment banking, private equity, or corporate development experience preferred
About LPL Financial:
LPL Financial is a leader in the retail financial advice market and the nation’s largest independent broker/dealer*. We serve independent financial advisors and financial institutions, providing them with the technology, research, clearing and compliance services, and practice management programs they need to create and grow thriving practices. LPL enables them to provide objective guidance to millions of American families seeking wealth management, retirement planning, financial planning and asset management solutions. LPL and its affiliates have more than 4,200 employees with primary offices in Boston, Charlotte, and San Diego.
*As reported by Financial Planning magazine, June 1996-2019, based on total revenue.
If you join LPL, you will join a culture that believes in delivering a world-class client experience and looks to all employees to contribute to that goal by sharing their creativity, experience, and passion for continuous improvement. As a destination of choice, our top priorities are growth and development, social responsibility, and financial health for our employees.
We offer competitive compensation and industry leading benefits, including a wellness facility with onsite fitness classes, healthy meal choices, and a walk-in clinic. We support employee financial health through a 401k match, ESPP, and employee discounts. Work/life balance is our foundation and is supported through paid holidays, and paid time off (including time to volunteer). We foster a diverse work environment through Employee Resource Groups and diverse strategic partnerships.
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please log in or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE.
Information on Interviews:
LPL will only communicate with a job applicant directly from an @lpl.com email address and will never conduct an interview online or in a chatroom forum. During an interview, LPL will not request any form of payment from the applicant, or information regarding an applicant’s bank or credit card. Should you have any questions regarding the application process, please contact LPL’s Human Resources Solutions Center at (800) 877-7210.