Senior Analyst - AS Product ManagementApply Job ID: R-016963 Date posted: 09/01/2021 Primary Location SC-Fort Mill Other Locations TX-Austin , KS-Overland Park , CA-San Diego
The new Advisor Solutions organization is expanding its product management team and currently hiring a Senior Product Analyst to join a team responsible for helping to drive LPL’s advisor facing technology products and digital platforms. This role must have a passion for helping our advisors and a willingness to do what’s needed across a variety of functions and products. You will work closely with technology, marketing, research, design, consultants and leaders to drive the best product outcomes for our clients. The ideal candidate will have experience working with technology, knowledge of our competitive landscape, understand the needs of both our advisors and LPL employees, and be comfortable working independently to driving outcomes across broad cross-functional teams.
This role is critical to build one of LPL's most strategic product, as a Senior Product Analyst, you will be responsible for executing our advisory solutions day-to-day product management, in addition to participating in large initiatives to increase adoption including technology improvements. We are seeking a person that will lead the design, implementation, and management of our API Marketplace for Client and Advisor Data APIs. This person will work with our internal product managers to identify and build APIs to publish in the marketplace for internal, Advisors, and outside product consumption.
This position will have the opportunity to partner with cross-functional stakeholders across in the firm to:
- Take a problem, identify potential solutions or improvements and recruit partners in relevant areas of the firm to prioritize and implement solutions in a timely fashion
- Provide thought-leadership analysis to frame and plan enhancements to the advisory experience, including economic review scenarios, technology and process improvements
- Prioritize product features and guide development solutions to achieve the key short-term and long-term goals indicated in the overall product strategy (e.g. partnering with technology in agile development)
- Leading the implementation of new offerings through participation in and evaluation of prototypes and pilots
Knowledge, skills and abilitiesSpecific minimum competencies required for job performance:
- Positive, flexible person with the ability to work in a changing environment, identify and manage priorities
- Strong team player with the ability to work effectively in a group and independently
- Must be able to take initiative and “make things happen” with timelines and deadlines
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong attention to detail, process and organization
- Strong sense of personal accountability for work
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and manage multiple priorities
- Ability to prepare and deliver presentations
- Strong analytical skills with experience in Excel
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field preferred; project, advisor, or industry certification and/or advanced degree preferred.
- 2+ years of experience in product or technology related roles within a financial services or related fintech firm
- Technology fluency including extensive knowledge of SharePoint, Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint required
- Experience in agile methodology preferred
At LPL, we believe that objective financial guidance is a fundamental need for everyone. As the nation’s leading independent broker-dealer, we offer an integrated platform of proprietary technology, brokerage, and investment advisor services. We provide you with a work environment that encourages your creativity and growth, a leadership team that is supportive and responsive, and the opportunity to create a career that has no limits, only amazing potential.
We are one team on one mission. We take care of our advisors, so they can take care of their clients.
Because our company is not too big and not too small, you can seize the opportunity to make a real impact. We are committed to supporting workplace equality, and we embrace the different perspectives and backgrounds of our employees.We also care for our communities, and we encourage our employees to do the same. This creates an environment in which you can do your best work.
Want to hear from our employees on what it’s like to work at LPL? Watch this!
We take social responsibility seriously. Learn more here
Want to see info on our benefits? Learn more here
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please log in or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE.
Information on Interviews:
LPL will only communicate with a job applicant directly from an @lplfinancial.com email address and will never conduct an interview online or in a chatroom forum. During an interview, LPL will not request any form of payment from the applicant, or information regarding an applicant’s bank or credit card. Should you have any questions regarding the application process, please contact LPL’s Human Resources Solutions Center at (800) 877-7210.