Senior Analyst, Corporate DevelopmentApply Job ID: R-004617 Date posted: 12/05/2018 Primary Location CA-San Diego Other Locations SC-Fort Mill
LPL Financial is seeking a strong applicant to join our team as a member of our Corporate Development group, one of the most visible departments in our organization. As a trusted business partner, you will lead deep and thoughtful analysis to help our management team make informed decisions. The ideal candidate for this role has a combination of strong business acumen, technical knowledge to develop and deliver tools enabling informed decision making to drive continuous strategic growth.
The Corporate Development team plays an instrumental role in the analysis and reporting of LPL’s financial information and partnering with the company’s business units providing overall financial decision support. This team is directly involved in strategic and general financial analysis, including, but not limited to, supporting growth initiatives through potential M&A transactions and managing our capital structure. This role will have direct exposure to top level management including C-Level executives.
- Develop strong business acumen and industry knowledge
- Identify and research potential acquisition opportunities through market analysis and interactions with business partners
- Perform reporting and analysis on M&A activity and strategic partnerships in the industry
- Perform and support financial analysis of potential acquisitions and coordination of due diligence
- Provide assistance to functional due diligence teams, including legal, finance & accounting, tax, human resources, operations, IT, sales, and strategy
- Develop, in partnership with Business Unit leaders, financial projections for acquisition targets and integration plans
- Perform various valuation analyses, including discounted cash flow, comparable and precedent transactions, as well as potential consequences, among others
- Prepare presentations and reporting to senior management on potential M&A transactions, capital structure, and strategic growth initiatives
- Monitor past acquisition metrics
- Ad-hoc analysis, financial modeling, and additional responsibilities as required
- In depth knowledge of financial modelling
- MS Excel and PowerPoint expert
- Effective communication, presentation and writing skills
- Detail oriented with insight to determine applicability of big picture analysis
- Ability to work comfortably with incomplete information and deal with ambiguity in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work within a team, take the initiative and show strong attention to detail is critical
- Ability to take initiative and create concise and decision supporting analysis is essential
- Proactive problem solver, expected to present problems and recommendations simultaneously
- Positive attitude, commitment to excellence and integrity
- High level of motivation and initiative
- Experience with enterprise systems and reporting tools a plus (OBIEE, OFA, Hyperion or other SaaS reporting tools)
- BA/BS degree in Finance, Business, or Economics (or a related discipline) preferred
- 3 - 5 years of corporate development, corporate finance or in-house M&A experience preferred
About LPL Financial:
LPL Financial is a leader in the retail financial advice market and the nation’s largest independent broker/dealer*. We serve independent financial advisors and financial institutions, providing them with the technology, research, clearing and compliance services, and practice management programs they need to create and grow thriving practices. LPL enables them to provide objective guidance to millions of American families seeking wealth management, retirement planning, financial planning and asset management solutions. LPL and its affiliates have more than 3,700 employees with primary offices in Boston, Charlotte, and San Diego.
If you join LPL, you will join a culture that believes in delivering a world-class client experience and looks to all employees to contribute to that goal by sharing their creativity, experience, and passion for continuous improvement. As a destination of choice, our top priorities are growth and development, social responsibility, and financial health for our employees.
We offer competitive compensation and industry leading benefits, including a wellness facility with onsite fitness classes, healthy meal choices, and a walk-in clinic. We support employee financial health through a 401k match, ESPP, and employee discounts. Work/life balance is our foundation and is supported through paid holidays, and paid time off (including time to volunteer). We foster a diverse work environment through Employee Resource Groups and diverse strategic partnerships.
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please login or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE
*As reported by Financial Planning magazine, June 1996-2017, based on total revenue.