Senior Analyst, Finance- Data Analysis & ReportingApply Job ID: R-017395 Date posted: 09/08/2021 Primary Location SC-Fort Mill Other Locations CA-San Diego
LPL Financial (Nasdaq: LPLA) was founded on the principle that the firm should work for the advisor, and not the other way around. Today, LPL is a leader* in the markets we serve, supporting more than 19,000 financial advisors, 800 institution-based investment programs and 450 independent RIA firms nationwide. We are steadfast in our commitment to the advisor-centered model and the belief that Americans deserve access to objective guidance from a financial advisor. At LPL, independence means that advisors have the freedom they deserve to choose the business model, services, and technology resources that allow them to run their perfect practice. And they have the freedom to manage their client relationships, because they know their clients best. Simply put, we take care of our advisors, so they can take care of their clients.
LPL Financial is seeking a strong applicant to join our Capital Management department. As a Sr. Financial & Data Analyst, you will help our executive management team make decisions based on advanced analytics, enhanced reporting, and business intelligence. The ideal candidate for this role has a combination of strong business acumen, technical knowledge to creatively build, maintain and improve the team’s queries and datasets. They will also be involved in analyzing data, and innovating ways to better leverage LPL’s data in order to uncover meaningful trends and relationships that helps drive organic growth.
The Capital Management group plays an instrumental role in the analysis and reporting of LPL’s financial information and collaborates with the other business units to overall financial and capital deployment support. We are looking for a strong collaborators with a technical background who can deliver a world-class client experience. The ideal candidate is team oriented, looks to continuously enhance process, and thrives in a fast-paced environment.
• Creating reporting and analysis to drive business decisions on capital deployment opportunities
• Help new and existing product teams more easily leverage data and analytics by creating accessible, easy to use data sets that can be ingested into various platforms
• Assess and assemble datasets to support insight generation, data visualization, and reporting interfaces
• Conduct ad-hoc analyses as appropriate to support priority business projects; Respond in a timely manner to ad hoc questions from executives
What are we looking for?
We want strong collaborators who can deliver a world-class client experience. We are looking for people who thrive in a fast-paced environment, are client-focused, team oriented, and are able to execute in a way that encourages creativity and continuous improvement.
• BA/BS degree in Decision Information Science, Engineering, Mathematics Finance, Business, or Economics (or a related discipline) is required.
• Experience in data analysis supporting sales analytics, client analytics, business intelligence or advanced analytics, corporate finance, investment banking, or corporate development experience preferred
• Expertise working with relational databases, e.g., SQL Server, Oracle, Alteryx
• Experience with CRM tools such as Salesforce is a plus
• Expertise working with data visualization platforms like Tableau
• MS Excel and PowerPoint expert
• Produce compelling, visually effective presentation material using the MS Office product suite, particularly via the use of Excel and PowerPoint
• Ability to synthesize and work with various data types from a variety of sources, e.g., operational, transactional, financial, survey, third party vendor, and macroeconomic
• In depth knowledge of financial reporting processes and preparing financial analyses
• Effective communication, presentation and writing skills
• Ability to work within a team, take the initiative and strong attention to detail is critical
• Proactive problem solver, expected to present problems and recommendations simultaneously
At LPL, we believe that objective financial guidance is a fundamental need for everyone. As the nation’s leading independent broker-dealer, we offer an integrated platform of proprietary technology, brokerage, and investment advisor services. We provide you with a work environment that encourages your creativity and growth, a leadership team that is supportive and responsive, and the opportunity to create a career that has no limits, only amazing potential.
We are one team on one mission. We take care of our advisors, so they can take care of their clients.
Because our company is not too big and not too small, you can seize the opportunity to make a real impact. We are committed to supporting workplace equality, and we embrace the different perspectives and backgrounds of our employees.We also care for our communities, and we encourage our employees to do the same. This creates an environment in which you can do your best work.
Want to hear from our employees on what it’s like to work at LPL? Watch this!
We take social responsibility seriously. Learn more here
Want to see info on our benefits? Learn more here
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please log in or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE.
Information on Interviews:
LPL will only communicate with a job applicant directly from an @lplfinancial.com email address and will never conduct an interview online or in a chatroom forum. During an interview, LPL will not request any form of payment from the applicant, or information regarding an applicant’s bank or credit card. Should you have any questions regarding the application process, please contact LPL’s Human Resources Solutions Center at (800) 877-7210.