Senior Analyst, FinanceApply Job ID: R-007234 Date posted: 01/10/2020 Primary Location SC-Fort Mill
LPL Financial is seeking a strong senior analyst to join its Treasury team. As a trusted business partner, you will develop deep and thorough analyses to help our management team make informed decisions. The ideal candidate for this role has a combination of strong business acumen, high attention to detail and has experience within the financial industry to support LPL’s decisions related to managing our investor cash program.
The Treasury team is directly involved in managing the firm’s capital structure, directing its capital markets activities, liquidity management, and risk management, as well as strategic and general financial analysis, including, but not limited to, establishing client yields on cash and managing the portfolio of banks used to support our sweeps solutions.
As a Senior Analyst in Treasury, you will be responsible for ensuring timely, accurate and insightful financial analysis focused on the macro rate environment, industry trends; related to deposit beta’s, and market appetite for wholesale funding within the banking industry. This position requires strong organizational, analytical, communication, technical and corporate finance skills, and the ability to manage multiple projects on parallel tracks with advanced financial modeling concepts. Candidates must possess the ability to interact effectively with business partners and all levels of management. The ability to work within a team, take the initiative and show strong attention to detail is critical.
- Providing assistance with decisions related to negotiating bank sweep contracts
- Executing analysis that supports the decisions related to setting client yields on cash
- Develop & maintain analytics and processes to support and enhance the bank portfolio
- Perform detailed business and statistical analysis, explanatory and predictive modeling, data mining
- Produce support that helps prepare the CEO and CFO for quarterly earnings calls
- Provide Executive Management and the Board of Directors with transparent reporting and recommendations around the cash portfolio
- Producing compelling, visually effective presentation material using the MS Office product suite, particularly via the use of Excel and PowerPoint
- Designing and executing research efforts and conducting analysis to support business initiatives
- Working collaboratively while building effective business partnerships and relationships with senior leaders and their support teams across the firm
- Ad-hoc analysis, financial modeling, and additional responsibilities as required
- Performing macro research as needed
- Bachelor's degree in business, finance, or related field is required
- Minimum of 3-5 years in a related function
- Strong knowledge in bank funding, sales and trading, or corporate finance
- Ability to create and maintain sophisticated financial models with minimal oversight
- Exceptional analytical and problem solving skills that enable efficient identification of issues, structuring and execution of analysis, and development of actionable recommendations
- A strong ability to convey complex information in a consumable manner
- Highly motivated and able to executein a fast paced, dynamic environment
- Strong team work, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Advanced knowledge of MS Excel
About LPL Financial:
LPL Financial is a leader in the retail financial advice market and the nation’s largest independent broker/dealer*. We serve independent financial advisors and financial institutions, providing them with the technology, research, clearing and compliance services, and practice management programs they need to create and grow thriving practices. LPL enables them to provide objective guidance to millions of American families seeking wealth management, retirement planning, financial planning and asset management solutions. LPL and its affiliates have more than 4,200 employees with primary offices in Boston, Charlotte, and San Diego.
*As reported by Financial Planning magazine, June 1996-2019, based on total revenue.
If you join LPL, you will join a culture that believes in delivering a world-class client experience and looks to all employees to contribute to that goal by sharing their creativity, experience, and passion for continuous improvement. As a destination of choice, our top priorities are growth and development, social responsibility, and financial health for our employees.
We offer competitive compensation and industry leading benefits, including a wellness facility with onsite fitness classes, healthy meal choices, and a walk-in clinic. We support employee financial health through a 401k match, ESPP, and employee discounts. Work/life balance is our foundation and is supported through paid holidays, and paid time off (including time to volunteer). We foster a diverse work environment through Employee Resource Groups and diverse strategic partnerships.
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please log in or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE.
Information on Interviews:
LPL will only communicate with a job applicant directly from an @lpl.com email address and will never conduct an interview online or in a chatroom forum. During an interview, LPL will not request any form of payment from the applicant, or information regarding an applicant’s bank or credit card. Should you have any questions regarding the application process, please contact LPL’s Human Resources Solutions Center at (800) 877-7210.