Senior Analyst, IIS Product ManagementApply Job ID: R-008617 Date posted: 01/29/2020 Primary Location SC-Fort Mill
The Product Analyst role will join the End Investor Program, reporting to Vice President within Product Management of the Investment and Investor Solutions (IIS) group at LPL Financial.
The role will be responsible for supporting our growing focus on the investor experience, including the Investor mobile app and web portal. This role must exude a passion for product management in a manner that results in the utmost satisfaction of our Advisors and their clients. The ideal candidate will understand the needs of our advisors and their clients and be be responsible for supporting our End Investor Portal and Mobile Application as we continue to build out industry leading capabilities, with an emphasis on driving adoption and engagement of the same.
This position requires strong analytical skills, the ability to manage multiple bodies of rapidly evolving work simultaneously, and demonstrate the ability to creatively define, develop, and execute plans to solve highly complex matters. This position will have the opportunity to partner with cross-functional stakeholders and executives across multiple business areas in the firm to:
- Prioritize product features and guide development solutions to achieve the key short-term and long-term goals indicated in the overall product strategy
- Function as an Agile ‘product owner’, representing the voice of the customer on a scrum development team
- Provide thought-leadership analysis to frame and plan enhancements to the end investor experience
- Supporting the implementation of new offerings through participation in, and evaluation of prototypes and pilots
A successful candidate will demonstrate strategic and creative thinking skills, a strong ability to turn analytics into compelling insights, and be capable of concise oral and written communication.
The new team member’s responsibilities include:
- Working closely with cross-functional team to develop feature set priorities to execute and achieve the overall strategic product vision
- Create and prioritize user stories with a focus on providing the highest value to customers
- Communicate with agile development teams to ensure that the delivered capabilities are desirable, useful, and usable
- Leverage the organization to develop and execute detailed, tactical plans to enhance the end investor experience, especially with respect to digital adoption
- Synthesize internal and industry data into themes and patterns to provide insights and data-driven recommendations
- Building cross-functional relationships to establish a collaborative environment at all levels of the organization to create a more collaborative team
- Achieve alignment by communicating decisions and outcomes to various levels throughout the organization
- Creating presentations for senior members of the organization
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral, with the ability to present materials to the highest levels in the organization, and the ability to frame complex issues
- Strong analytical skills with a demonstrated ability to evaluate business opportunities within the context of a larger organization and its objectives
- Entrepreneurial perspective, self-starter, ability to work with minimal supervision
- Exceptional problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Project management / multi-tasking skills across different projects
- Results oriented and outcome based
- Background in client-facing experience, financial services, scrum product ownership, and/or R&D a plus
- 2-5 years professional experience, BA/MBA degree preferred
About LPL Financial:
LPL Financial is a leader in the retail financial advice market and the nation’s largest independent broker/dealer*. We serve independent financial advisors and financial institutions, providing them with the technology, research, clearing and compliance services, and practice management programs they need to create and grow thriving practices. LPL enables them to provide objective guidance to millions of American families seeking wealth management, retirement planning, financial planning and asset management solutions. LPL and its affiliates have more than 4,200 employees with primary offices in Boston, Charlotte, and San Diego.
*As reported by Financial Planning magazine, June 1996-2019, based on total revenue.
If you join LPL, you will join a culture that believes in delivering a world-class client experience and looks to all employees to contribute to that goal by sharing their creativity, experience, and passion for continuous improvement. As a destination of choice, our top priorities are growth and development, social responsibility, and financial health for our employees.
We offer competitive compensation and industry leading benefits, including a wellness facility with onsite fitness classes, healthy meal choices, and a walk-in clinic. We support employee financial health through a 401k match, ESPP, and employee discounts. Work/life balance is our foundation and is supported through paid holidays, and paid time off (including time to volunteer). We foster a diverse work environment through Employee Resource Groups and diverse strategic partnerships.
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please log in or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE.
Information on Interviews:
LPL will only communicate with a job applicant directly from an @lpl.com email address and will never conduct an interview online or in a chatroom forum. During an interview, LPL will not request any form of payment from the applicant, or information regarding an applicant’s bank or credit card. Should you have any questions regarding the application process, please contact LPL’s Human Resources Solutions Center at (800) 877-7210.