Senior Analyst - IT Strategic Sourcing and ProcurementApply Job ID: R-004967 Date posted: 01/14/2019 Primary Location SC-Fort Mill
The Strategic Sourcing and Procurement (SS&P) team is located in the new LEED certified Carolinas campus (Fort Mill, SC) and is responsible for managing the full end-to-end sourcing and procurement lifecycle. SS&P’s mission is to 1) Deliver sustainable, ethical practices and leadership to enable the selection of external partners to drive the best service, quality, and value for LPL while appropriately mitigating risk. 2) Provide leadership to our business partners through LPLs center-led Vendor Management Program to ensure that any contractual and performance risks are effectively mitigated. 3) Drive operational excellence through management of the requisition and contract processes, travel program, contingent worker program, and third party access controls.
As part of our goal to become a trusted business partner, we are aligned to business units and responsible for meeting regularly with the business to understand their needs, for conducting spend and contract analysis, and developing category plans to help develop and drive strategic sourcing plans. The ideal candidate for this role will not only have sourcing, contract, or vendor management experience, but also strong business acumen to enable informed and targeted decision to drive continuous improvement.
A Senior Analyst in SS&P is responsible for working with all levels of internal stakeholders as well as the external vendor community. A fundamental component of the role is change management and the ability to support the transformation of SS&P as a strategic partner across the firm.
- Will be aligned to a Business Unit or Dept. to develop strategic sourcing strategies and lead contract negotiations for low to medium risk products and/or services
- Support the VP in sourcing and negotiations for high risk products and/or services.
- Manage contract request queue in our procure-to-pay system, ARIBA, in a timely manner and within SLA.
- Review contracts to ensure compliance to sourcing and contracting policies and procedures, and to escalate concerns to legal and business partners.
- Manage the process of contract terminations, expirations, extensions and renewals.
- Assist VP in the development of category plans to provide visibility to spend, vendor summaries, contract summaries, stakeholder engagement, and market insights that lead to both short and long-term strategies.
- Effectively develop and lead short-term and longer term sourcing strategies.
- Partners with business groups to issue, evaluate and conduct RFx and reverse auctions
- Effectively manage vendor and internal partner relationships to deliver best in class service.
- Bring strategic thought leadership to identify additional cost and operational efficiencies.
- Work in collaboration with multiple departments and business partners to develop strategy, policy and/or resolution of issues.
- Present recommendations and commodity plans to SS&P leadership team and business.
- Represents and advocate SS&P strategies and goals across the firm.
- Use of independent judgment and creativity applied to resolution of contract issues
- Detail orientated with strong analytical skills and ability to synthesize complex data
- Advanced MS Office skills including Excel, SharePoint, Word and Power Point
- Strong relationship building and collaboration skills with the ability to engage and influence others in all levels of the organization
- Demonstrated problem solving and negotiation skills
- Experience partnering with external vendors, including vendor and contract management ability, is desirable
- Excellent customer service, written and verbal communication skills with strong team work, leadership and interpersonal skills
- Proven ability to multitask, prioritize workload, and collaborate across multiple business units
- Ability to work comfortably with incomplete information and deal with ambiguity in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to meet challenging deadlines
- Ability to adjust priorities and monitor workload to meet SLA’s
- Unimpeachable ethical standards and a strong work ethic
- Grace under pressure and a sense of humor!
Education and Experience:
- An appropriate 4 year college degree
- Minimum of 5-7+ years of experience working in a medium to large professional enterprise or 3+ years of contract negotiations and pricing experience
- Financial Services experience is desirable
- Experience using ARIBA or other Procure-to-Pay tools is desirable
About LPL Financial:
LPL Financial is a leader in the retail financial advice market and the nation’s largest independent broker/dealer*. We serve independent financial advisors and financial institutions, providing them with the technology, research, clearing and compliance services, and practice management programs they need to create and grow thriving practices. LPL enables them to provide objective guidance to millions of American families seeking wealth management, retirement planning, financial planning and asset management solutions. LPL and its affiliates have more than 3,700 employees with primary offices in Boston, Charlotte, and San Diego.
If you join LPL, you will join a culture that believes in delivering a world-class client experience and looks to all employees to contribute to that goal by sharing their creativity, experience, and passion for continuous improvement. As a destination of choice, our top priorities are growth and development, social responsibility, and financial health for our employees.
We offer competitive compensation and industry leading benefits, including a wellness facility with onsite fitness classes, healthy meal choices, and a walk-in clinic. We support employee financial health through a 401k match, ESPP, and employee discounts. Work/life balance is our foundation and is supported through paid holidays, and paid time off (including time to volunteer). We foster a diverse work environment through Employee Resource Groups and diverse strategic partnerships.
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please login or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE
*As reported by Financial Planning magazine, June 1996-2017, based on total revenue.