Senior Analyst, Operations Regulatory ReportingApply Job ID: R-008173 Date posted: 12/02/2019 Primary Location SC-Fort Mill
Senior Analyst, Operations Regulatory Reporting
The Senior Analyst plays a key role in ensuring that the Operations Regulatory Reporting (ORR) team successfully performs its reporting responsibilities. It is vitally important that LPL Financial has effective reporting on operations and therefore we are subject to extensive scrutiny from regulators and auditors. The Analysts within the team are the primary processors, while the Senior Analysts primarily perform Quality Control (QC) reviews of the Analysts’ work. The team works collectively to ensure that reports meet the regulatory requirements and adhere to the audit principals of completeness, accuracy, and timeliness.
The ORR team executes a number of firm-wide reporting functions that fulfill LPL Financial’s responsibilities as a Broker-Dealer and Registered Investment Advisor, including:
- Providing the Accounting department with key operational figures for the weekly 15 c3-3 Reserve and monthly 15c3-1 Net Capital (FOCUS) filings.
- Daily Large Option Position Reporting (LOPR) filings with the Options Clearing Corporation (OCC).
- Daily INSITE and semi-monthly Short Interest filings with the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA).
- Quarterly Form 13F filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC).
- Executing the 17a-13 Quarterly Securities Counts by comparing all securities held at LPL Financial with the records of the various depositories and transfer agents.
- Overseeing operational functions that lie upstream of our reporting requirements, such as: suspense account opening and reconciliation, option position limit monitoring, and the resolution of security count differences.
Senior Analyst Responsibilities Include:
- Completing Quality Control (QC) reviews on all the regulatory filings. QCs typically include reviewing all processing (frequently in Excel), identifying and marking samples, and tying out row counts to totals and subtotals.
- Performing trends analysis, researching and providing explanations for anomalies, and partnering with various departments on improvement efforts.
- Training and developing the Analysts who serve as the primary processors.
- Assisting with process improvements by standardizing workflows, developing templates, and partnering with the Technology business unit on more robust automated solutions.
- Developing operational scorecard metrics and summary reporting for leadership.
- Monitoring for changes in regulations, data sources, and upstream business processes. Updating our processes accordingly.
Desired Skills and Experience include:
- 3-5 years of Broker Dealer Operational experience across multiple departments and/or extensive securities industry knowledge.
- Series 99 preferred (or other Representative licenses such as 6, 7, etc.)
- Excellent analytical skills and a high level of proficiency in Excel (vlookup, countifs, sumifs, nested formulas, pivot tables).
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and SQL Server Management Studio.
- Knowledge of regulatory requirements for Operational Regulatory Reporting’s various reports preferred.
- Ability to work well under pressure, adapt to unexpected events, prioritize and multi-task in a deadline driven environment.
- Strong communication skills and the ability to work effectively as a team player.
About LPL Financial:
LPL Financial is a leader in the retail financial advice market and the nation’s largest independent broker/dealer*. We serve independent financial advisors and financial institutions, providing them with the technology, research, clearing and compliance services, and practice management programs they need to create and grow thriving practices. LPL enables them to provide objective guidance to millions of American families seeking wealth management, retirement planning, financial planning and asset management solutions. LPL and its affiliates have more than 3,700 employees with primary offices in Boston, Charlotte, and San Diego.
If you join LPL, you will join a culture that believes in delivering a world-class client experience and looks to all employees to contribute to that goal by sharing their creativity, experience, and passion for continuous improvement. As a destination of choice, our top priorities are growth and development, social responsibility, and financial health for our employees.
We offer competitive compensation and industry leading benefits, including a wellness facility with onsite fitness classes, healthy meal choices, and a walk-in clinic. We support employee financial health through a 401k match, ESPP, and employee discounts. Work/life balance is our foundation and is supported through paid holidays, and paid time off (including time to volunteer). We foster a diverse work environment through Employee Resource Groups and diverse strategic partnerships.
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please login or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE
*As reported by Financial Planning magazine, June 1996-2017, based on total revenue.