Senior Analyst, Risk Assessment and TestingApply Job ID: R-002004 Date posted: 01/05/2018 Primary Location SC-Fort Mill
The Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) department serves as a second line function within LPL’s Compliance, Legal, and Risk (CLR) business unit. The ERM Senior Analyst, Risk Assessment and Testing, is responsible for contributing to the Firm’s risk mitigation efforts by identifying, assessing, and appropriately documenting operational and regulatory risks that are a result of failed internal processes, systems or controls. The Senior Analyst is a member of a team of subject matter experts on risk identification, assessment, and testing and will maintain a high level of knowledge, expertise and practice within this capacity.
- Test operational and compliance related processes and control activities to detect violations of Firm policies and regulatory rules and requirements (e.g., FINRA, MSRB, NFA and SEC). Specifically, conduct compliance test work for FINRA Rule 3120 and SEC Rule 206(4)-7.
- Assess the adequacy of management’s remediation of issues discovered through various assurance activities at the Firm (remediation testing).
- Effectively communicate testing results to process and control owners and obtain management’s plan for remediation of issues.
- Develop testing strategies to properly validate control design and operating effectiveness.
- Assist management with reviewing work papers prepared by Analysts and provide helpful feedback and coaching when necessary.
- Perform other duties and complete ad-hoc projects as assigned by ERM management.
- Pursue professional development opportunities, including external and internal training and professional association memberships.
- Bachelor's degree in a related field
- 3+ years of experience in compliance and operational risk management, or similar risk management discipline (e.g., Internal Audit, Legal department for a financial services firm)
- 5+ years of financial services or banking experiences
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Working knowledge of FINRA and SEC rules
- Proficient in MS Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Visio, etc.)
- Preferred: Pursuing or has obtained Broker/Dealer specific license (Series 7, 24, etc.) or an applicable audit designation (e.g. CPA, CIA, CFE, CISA) or other related certification
LPL Financial, the nation’s largest independent broker/dealer since 1996* and the fourth largest broker/dealer overall, serves as an enabling partner to more than 14,000 independent financial advisors and approximately 700 financial institutions. Since its formation decades ago, LPL has focused on one primary mission -- enabling independent financial advisors to bring objective and un-biased financial advice to millions of Americans.
Headquartered in Boston, San Diego, and Fort Mill, and powered by more than 3,300 client-centric employees, LPL is financially strong and growing.
If you join LPL, you will join a culture that believes in delivering a world-class client experience and looks to all employees to contribute to that goal by sharing their creativity, experience, and passion for continuous improvement. As a destination of choice, our top priorities are growth and development, social responsibility, and financial health for our employees.
We offer competitive compensation and industry leading benefits, including a wellness facility with onsite fitness classes, healthy meal choices, and a walk-in clinic. We support employee financial health through a 401k match, ESPP, and employee discounts. Work/life balance is our foundation and is supported through paid holidays, and paid time off (including time to volunteer). We foster a diverse work environment through Employee Resource Groups and diverse strategic partnerships.
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please login or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE
*As reported by Financial Planning magazine, June 1996-2017, based on total revenue.