Senior Analyst, Risk Metrics & ReportingApply Job ID: R-005438 Date posted: 01/22/2019 Primary Location SC-Fort Mill
We are currently searching for a Senior Analyst to support the Risk Metrics & Reporting team of Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) department within the Compliance, Legal & Risk (CLR) division.
The Risk Metrics & Reporting Team will work closely with ERM leadership and staff, as well as key internal risk management functions and customers in business units across the firm, in support of their risk metrics and reporting needs. Risk Metrics & Reporting team responsibilities include designing, developing and maintaining Risk Data Management (RDM), metrics and reporting. Specifically, the Senior Analyst role will be responsible for:
- Support metrics and reporting development and data collection efforts in collaboration with our business partners and the owners of data, metrics and reports
- Familiarity with systems and data within GRC applications and processes to create, maintain and enhance risk related metrics and reports
- Ability to maintain, enhance and enforce metrics and reports development standards
- Gathering, clarifying and translating process, data, metrics and reporting requirements into documentation and conceptual design for development and automated generation and delivery
- Perform data analysis and analytics of risk related information to develop, track and monitor more meaningful performance and risk indicators within the firm’s processes
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Support and assist ERM CLR and Business management in identifying and managing data issues, risks and opportunities to improve overall outcomes for the business.
- Support a governance program for GRC capability models.
- Perform analysis of risk and operational data to identify key insights to improve business results and develop management reporting to facilitate ongoing awareness and continuous improvement.
- Research, analyze, and recommend data solutions which meet the business needs for CLR applications and associated projects. Interface with key business users across the firm to translate requirements into technical data documentation such as data use cases, data process diagrams, functional design documents, and other system documentation.
- Actively participate in and/or lead collaborative meetings.
- Experience with eGRC Platform Technologies (i.e. Archer, MetricStream, OpenPages) desired
- Strong technical and non-technical problem solving, written and verbal communication skills
- Strong technical and business analysis skills including the ability to review data, information and requirements and then translate them into enhancement recommendations and requirements
- Experience in process improvement and process workflow management
- Experience developing with Business Reporting and Business Intelligence Tools, such as Tableau, Power BI, SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) or similar reporting tools and server systems
- Experience working with MS Access, SQL Server, Oracle, data warehouses and data collection
- Experience in Data Analysis, Data Processing, Data Warehousing, ETL, Master Data Management and Business Intelligence Reporting a plus
- Knowledge and experience with Analytics Language(s) (i.e. R, Python, etc.) a plus
- Bachelor’s degree from four-year College or University; preferably in Computer Information Systems, Mathematics, Statistics, Finance, or Engineering
- Master’s or other Advanced Degree a plus
- 5 years or more combined experience in areas such as risk management, information technology, data management, data analytics, and metrics and reporting management.
- Ideal candidate will have strong technical, metrics and reporting development experience combined with strong compliance and/or risk management experience
About LPL Financial:
LPL Financial is a leader in the retail financial advice market and the nation’s largest independent broker/dealer*. We serve independent financial advisors and financial institutions, providing them with the technology, research, clearing and compliance services, and practice management programs they need to create and grow thriving practices. LPL enables them to provide objective guidance to millions of American families seeking wealth management, retirement planning, financial planning and asset management solutions. LPL and its affiliates have more than 3,700 employees with primary offices in Boston, Charlotte, and San Diego.
If you join LPL, you will join a culture that believes in delivering a world-class client experience and looks to all employees to contribute to that goal by sharing their creativity, experience, and passion for continuous improvement. As a destination of choice, our top priorities are growth and development, social responsibility, and financial health for our employees.
We offer competitive compensation and industry leading benefits, including a wellness facility with onsite fitness classes, healthy meal choices, and a walk-in clinic. We support employee financial health through a 401k match, ESPP, and employee discounts. Work/life balance is our foundation and is supported through paid holidays, and paid time off (including time to volunteer). We foster a diverse work environment through Employee Resource Groups and diverse strategic partnerships.
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please login or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE
*As reported by Financial Planning magazine, June 1996-2017, based on total revenue.