Senior Analyst, Sales StrategyApply Job ID: R-008449 Date posted: 01/15/2020 Primary Location CA-San Diego Other Locations SC-Fort Mill
The LPL Business Development team is the main growth engine of the firm, attracting new advisors, enterprises, and institutions to affiliate with our company. This position is a key role on the Business Development Sales Strategy team and will be involved in identifying large recruiting opportunities and developing the strategic framing and materials from deal conception to close.
The individual must have outstanding strategic thinking, presentation, and analytical skills.
The successful candidate has illustrated strong business acumen and can quickly understand the most critical elements of any industry or business, but also understand the nuances of the financial services industry. Experience with consulting firms, executive facilitation, and solving unstructured problems in an iterative, hypothesis-driven, “answer first” way are pluses.
- Create the strategic framing for market positioning and capability differentiation
- Leverage the organization to develop detailed strategic options in response to identified growth opportunities, industry disruptions, competitor intelligence and/or organizational goals.
- Guide the analysis of internal and external data to bolster the strategic point of view.
- Establish a collaborative environment at all levels of the organization that creates better input into the strategy development process, and better alignment by communicating strategic decisions and outcomes.
- Provide project management and analytical support as needed
- Execution experience: The ability to turn data into insights, decisions, and actions
- Entrepreneurial perspective, grounded in tangible outcomes
- Strong analytical skills with a demonstrated ability to evaluate business opportunities within the context of a larger organization and its objectives.
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral, with the ability to create concise content for C-suite leadership / Board of Directors, and the ability to frame complex issues visually.
- Exceptional problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Project management / multi-tasking skills across different projects
- Results oriented and outcome based
- Experience working with frequent deadlines
- Strong writer with a solid understanding of the financial markets, and expert with Bloomberg, Microsoft Office and Social Media
- Professional, dedicated demeanor with the confidence to present ideas/updates to analysts and advisors is also preferred
- 5+ years of experience
About LPL Financial:
LPL Financial is a leader in the retail financial advice market and the nation’s largest independent broker/dealer*. We serve independent financial advisors and financial institutions, providing them with the technology, research, clearing and compliance services, and practice management programs they need to create and grow thriving practices. LPL enables them to provide objective guidance to millions of American families seeking wealth management, retirement planning, financial planning and asset management solutions. LPL and its affiliates have more than 4,200 employees with primary offices in Boston, Charlotte, and San Diego.
*As reported by Financial Planning magazine, June 1996-2019, based on total revenue.
If you join LPL, you will join a culture that believes in delivering a world-class client experience and looks to all employees to contribute to that goal by sharing their creativity, experience, and passion for continuous improvement. As a destination of choice, our top priorities are growth and development, social responsibility, and financial health for our employees.
We offer competitive compensation and industry leading benefits, including a wellness facility with onsite fitness classes, healthy meal choices, and a walk-in clinic. We support employee financial health through a 401k match, ESPP, and employee discounts. Work/life balance is our foundation and is supported through paid holidays, and paid time off (including time to volunteer). We foster a diverse work environment through Employee Resource Groups and diverse strategic partnerships.
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please log in or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE.
Information on Interviews:
LPL will only communicate with a job applicant directly from an @lpl.com email address and will never conduct an interview online or in a chatroom forum. During an interview, LPL will not request any form of payment from the applicant, or information regarding an applicant’s bank or credit card. Should you have any questions regarding the application process, please contact LPL’s Human Resources Solutions Center at (800) 877-7210.