Senior Analyst - Sourcing and ProcurementApply Job ID: R-002602 Date posted: 04/02/2018 Primary Location SC-Fort Mill
The Sourcing and Procurement team in Fort Mill/ Charlotte is a growing team that leads all 3rd party (vendor) related activities in support of business requirements, including quality, service, value and consistency of supply. As part of our goal to become a trusted business partner, you will conduct deep analysis, develop spend metrics, opportunity analysis, reporting and forecasting for Sourcing and Procurement and other business areas. The ideal candidate for this role has a combination of strong business acumen and technical knowledge to develop and deliver analysis, enabling informed and targeted decision making to drive continuous improvement. In particular, the Senior Analyst will focus on the management and improvement of key Procurement processes and reports as well as LPL’s Sourcing, Contract, Purchasing, Settlement, and Vendor Management system (Ariba).
As a Senior Analyst, the individual is responsible for working with all levels of internal stakeholders as well as the external vendor community. A fundamental component of the role is change management and the ability to support the transformation of Procurement into a strategic partner across the enterprise.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Management of Contract and Purchase Requisition processes to ensure timely and accurate completion of requests in accordance with LPL’s Procurement Policy.
- Administration of Ariba Sourcing and Contracting System as well as Procurement Websites:
- Assist with the development and delivery of User Training for Ariba sourcing, contracting, and purchase requisition functionality.
- Assist users at the first escalation with resolution of general Ariba issues.
- Assist with the management of LPL’s Procurement System Vendor (SAP Ariba).
- Coordinate the resolution of system issues for the Ariba sourcing and contracting modules.
- Coordinate and/or produce monthly reporting on LPL’s procurement activities as well as Procurement operations process performance.
- Developing spend analytics to identify opportunities for vendor consolidation and negotiation
• Leading analysis that supports the development of a particular strategy, policy and/or resolution of issues, often working in collaboration multiple departments and business partners.
• Analyzing and making recommendations on sourcing events such as RFP’s and detailed negotiations
• Leading and carrying out basic sourcing processes in support of the Sourcing Managers
• Analyzing financial data to assess the financial health of a vendor company
• Building effective business partnerships and relationships with peers across the firm
• Developing insights & concepts to advance change and improvement in the current operating environment
• Presenting recommendations to Sourcing and Procurement management & leadership team.
- Detail orientated with strong analytical skills and ability to synthesize complex data
- An appropriate 4 year college degree
- Advanced MS Office skills including Excel, SharePoint, Word and Power Point
- Experience with Ariba strongly preferred
- Working knowledge of Contracts, Procurement and Vendor Management best practices with knowledge of various industry contract types, pricing structures, terms and conditions, warrantees, SLAs, etc.
- Strong relationship building and collaboration skills with the ability to engage and influence others in all levels of the organization
- Demonstrated problem solving and negotiation skills
- Experience partnering with external vendors, including vendor and contract management ability is desirable
- Excellent customer service, written and verbal communication skills with strong team work, leadership and interpersonal skills
- Proven ability to multitask, prioritize workload, and collaborate across multiple business units
- Ability to work comfortably with incomplete information and deal with ambiguity in a fast-paced environment
- Minimum of 5-7+ years of experience working in a medium to large professional enterprise. Financial Services experience is desirable
- Ability to meet challenging deadlines
- Ability to adjust priorities and monitor workload to meet SLA’s
- Unimpeachable ethical standards and a strong work ethic
- Grace under pressure and a sense of humor!
LPL Financial, the nation’s largest independent broker/dealer since 1996* and the fourth largest broker/dealer overall, serves as an enabling partner to more than 14,000 independent financial advisors and approximately 700 financial institutions. Since its formation decades ago, LPL has focused on one primary mission -- enabling independent financial advisors to bring objective and un-biased financial advice to millions of Americans.
Headquartered in Boston, San Diego, and Fort Mill, and powered by more than 3,300 client-centric employees, LPL is financially strong and growing.
If you join LPL, you will join a culture that believes in delivering a world-class client experience and looks to all employees to contribute to that goal by sharing their creativity, experience, and passion for continuous improvement. As a destination of choice, our top priorities are growth and development, social responsibility, and financial health for our employees.
We offer competitive compensation and industry leading benefits, including a wellness facility with onsite fitness classes, healthy meal choices, and a walk-in clinic. We support employee financial health through a 401k match, ESPP, and employee discounts. Work/life balance is our foundation and is supported through paid holidays, and paid time off (including time to volunteer). We foster a diverse work environment through Employee Resource Groups and diverse strategic partnerships.
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please login or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE
*As reported by Financial Planning magazine, June 1996-2017, based on total revenue.