Senior Analyst, Sponsor RelationsApply Job ID: R-003835 Date posted: 07/17/2018 Primary Location SC-Fort Mill
Senior Analyst of Sponsor Relations
The Senior Analyst of Sponsor Relations is responsible for the development, maintenance and distribution of reporting in the Sponsor Relations department. The reporting to be prepared is both routine and ad-hoc. Additionally, the analyst will be responsible to provide basic financial analysis for the Sponsor Relations team related to developing business opportunities and initiatives. The role will support the members of the Sponsor Relations team to help ensure near-term and long-term obligations are met and opportunities identified.
Report creation and data analysis – Routine reporting deliverables will require a self-starter with discipline to meet scheduled deadlines. Data is generally compiled from a myriad of sources and synthesized into a consolidated deliverable. Ad-hoc data requests – In addition to scheduled deliverables, the day-to-day needs of the business will require ad-hoc reports. The senior analyst will support those requests by fulfilling them directly, or by working with colleagues in other departments to ensure the information is obtained. Data for meeting prep – The senior analyst will prepare partner “rap sheets” and other relevant materials to ensure the team is prepared for sponsor meetings. Data delivery – The role will need to liaise with a many partners – internal and external – to deliver reporting. The senior analyst will also be responsible for fielding questions on the associated data. Financial analysis – The senior analyst will be expected to conduct basic preliminary financial analysis for Sponsor Relations in the early stages of projects and initiatives. This analysis will enable Sponsor Relations to quickly assess opportunities prior to formal Finance engagement. Sponsor Relations economic oversight – The senior analyst will act as front line business partner with LPL Finance to monitor sponsor revenue and budget items and to communicate results with the Sponsor Relations team. This will include the development and management of a monthly internal Sponsor Relations dashboard and a quarterly dashboard to be shared at the senior leadership level.
Other Job Duties
Ensure reporting is completed in a timely, accurate, and consistent manner. Communicate clearly with the Sponsor Relations team, and internal and external constituents. The senior analyst will monitor the Sponsor Relations email inbox, and will research and answer questions as-needed for a large portion of sponsor firms.
Minimum Education Required: 4-year degree from accredited college/university or equivalent in years of experience (focus in: Economics, Finance, and/or Business Management)
Minimum Experience Required: 3 to 7 years of relevant experience preferable in the financial services industry with a Broker Dealer and/or Product Manufacturer.
- Extraordinary analytical skills with expert abilities in Excel. Solid PowerPoint skills are also important.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- The ability to build and maintain strong, influential business relationships with sponsors and LPL internal business partners.
- Organized. Possess the ability to manage toward deadlines with a high level of self-accountability.
- Product Knowledge. Expertise with Mutual Fund and other Asset Management Solutions, Annuity and Alternative Investment products.
- Industry Knowledge. Understanding of industry product and platform trends, pricing of sponsorship arrangements, product and platform fees and expense structures and current pricing models.
- Team player. The Senior Analyst must be a team-oriented individual who is energized and motivated by team success more so than individual accomplishment.
- Collaborator. Must be a willing and accomplished collaborator who is able to drive successful consensus outcomes among business partners with potentially competing perspectives and motivations.
- Experience in a Sponsor Relations role is a plus.
- Comfort and confidence engaging directly with senior executives at LPL and Sponsors.
About LPL Financial:
LPL Financial is a leader in the retail financial advice market and the nation’s largest independent broker/dealer*. We serve independent financial advisors and financial institutions, providing them with the technology, research, clearing and compliance services, and practice management programs they need to create and grow thriving practices. LPL enables them to provide objective guidance to millions of American families seeking wealth management, retirement planning, financial planning and asset management solutions. LPL and its affiliates have more than 3,700 employees with primary offices in Boston, Charlotte, and San Diego.
If you join LPL, you will join a culture that believes in delivering a world-class client experience and looks to all employees to contribute to that goal by sharing their creativity, experience, and passion for continuous improvement. As a destination of choice, our top priorities are growth and development, social responsibility, and financial health for our employees.
We offer competitive compensation and industry leading benefits, including a wellness facility with onsite fitness classes, healthy meal choices, and a walk-in clinic. We support employee financial health through a 401k match, ESPP, and employee discounts. Work/life balance is our foundation and is supported through paid holidays, and paid time off (including time to volunteer). We foster a diverse work environment through Employee Resource Groups and diverse strategic partnerships.
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please login or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE
*As reported by Financial Planning magazine, June 1996-2017, based on total revenue.