Senior ArchitectApply Job ID: R-006926 Date posted: 06/19/2019 Primary Location SC-Fort Mill
Cloud Senior Architect
As a key member of the LPL Financial Technology Infrastructure and Operations team, our Cloud Senior Architects have a unique opportunity to support the design, implementation, and ongoing maintenance of LPL’s public cloud environments. Our Cloud Senior Architects work closely with other LPL teams to deliver technology services to millions of investors and more than 16,000 advisors across the US.
The successful candidate will be passionate about delivering ongoing, incremental improvements aligned to LPL’s cloud capabilities roadmap. Candidates are expected to implement advanced automation and orchestration capabilities following an agile, product based methodology with frequent releases. You will be responsible for implementing reusable secure design patterns for mobile, scale out, batch and other capabilities that are core to LPL’s platforms.
Location(s): Fort Mill, Boston, San Diego
- Support the implementation of LPL’s 3 year-cloud roadmap. Facilitate the understanding and shaping of the end-to-end cloud strategy.
- Work with the Cloud Lead, vendors and third party consultants to design and implementation of Infrastructure as Code framework using CloudFormation, Terraform, or other technologies for compute, storage, network, etc.
- Partner with our platform Architecting teams to implement patterns for high-availability and disaster recovery solutions that improve resiliency, availability and enable continuous operations.
- Partner with database support teams to implement RDS platforms including SQL server, Oracle, and cloud native DB products including deployment templates, replication patterns, failover/failback, and data archive policies.
- Partner with information security and risk to implement LPL’s cloud security framework, associated controls, automated security and continuous compliance policies.
- Partner with our application development teams to understand their current and future needs, translate those needs into deliverables on our 3-year cloud roadmap, support the migration of legacy applications, and support the build of new applications.
- Support the implementation of LPL’s high-availability network solution for IaaS, SaaS, and PaaS.
- Provide expertise in Windows and Linux OS.
- Provide L2/L3 support to LPL’s Operations team which may include after hours support.
- Support prototyping and rapid evaluation of cloud technologies and solutions in alignment with established Enterprise Architecture policies.
- Promote security awareness and ensure new and existing deployments take advantage of LPL’s cloud security framework.
- Recommend solutions for reducing risk, increasing resiliency, and improving performance.
- Expert understanding of IaaS cloud technology
- 4+ years’ experience designing and implementing public cloud solutions.
- Previous experience as an AWS or Azure cloud architect or systems admin
- Working knowledge of SaaS offerings, including Salesforce, Office 365, and Workday.
- Certification in one or more AWS or Azure disciplines including architecture or systems administration.
About LPL Financial:
LPL Financial is a leader in the retail financial advice market and the nation’s largest independent broker/dealer*. We serve independent financial advisors and financial institutions, providing them with the technology, research, clearing and compliance services, and practice management programs they need to create and grow thriving practices. LPL enables them to provide objective guidance to millions of American families seeking wealth management, retirement planning, financial planning and asset management solutions. LPL and its affiliates have more than 3,700 employees with primary offices in Boston, Charlotte, and San Diego.
If you join LPL, you will join a culture that believes in delivering a world-class client experience and looks to all employees to contribute to that goal by sharing their creativity, experience, and passion for continuous improvement. As a destination of choice, our top priorities are growth and development, social responsibility, and financial health for our employees.
We offer competitive compensation and industry leading benefits, including a wellness facility with onsite fitness classes, healthy meal choices, and a walk-in clinic. We support employee financial health through a 401k match, ESPP, and employee discounts. Work/life balance is our foundation and is supported through paid holidays, and paid time off (including time to volunteer). We foster a diverse work environment through Employee Resource Groups and diverse strategic partnerships.
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please login or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE
*As reported by Financial Planning magazine, June 1996-2017, based on total revenue.