Senior Business AnalystApply Job ID: R-008251 Date posted: 11/22/2019 Primary Location SC-Fort Mill
The role of the IS BC Senior Business Analyst is to provide the Business Management team with data management, reporting, and analytical support to the Business Consultants and enhance the business unit’s overall sales and retention results, as well as improve the overall client experience.
This position is responsible for performing analyses to identify key insights, business drivers, and trends to help the IS BC team develop strategies to meet and exceed business goals. This position will also support the team through preparing materials for client meetings, departmental reporting and data management, and assistance with other duties related to supporting IS BC growth and retention initiatives. Included in the scope of this position is the development and maintenance of analytical consulting tools, development of management and reports, database management, and ad hoc reporting.
- Minimum Education Required: 4 year degree from accredited college/university or equivalent in years of experience (focus in: Economics, Finance, and/or Business Management preferred)
- Minimum Experience Required: (including years of experience) 3 plus years broker dealer experience or financial institution experience, 1+ years client facing experience
- Required computer skills are Excel (Expert), Power Point (Intermediate), Word (Intermediate), Outlook (Intermediate), Access (Intermediate), and Salesforce (Intermediate)
- Interviewing and listening skills to elicit detailed requirements
- Analytical skills and the ability to analyze and document complex business processes
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and presentation skills
- Ability to collaborate and work across business units and influence as appropriate
- Effective project management skills
- Experience with any or all of the following highly desirable: CRM, financial reporting, accounting systems
Essential Job Responsibilities:
Key Duties: Business Analysis & Reporting | Project Management | Client Analysis
- Leader and gatekeeper for all reporting and data management within the Business Consulting channel
- Development, maintenance and enhancement of analytical consulting tools (PGM and EPPA tools, compensation analysis, business assessment tool, etc.)
- Development, maintenance and enhancement of management reports and dashboards (sales, retention, activities, client summaries, etc.)
- Business Unit Support – Provide analytical and other support on projects and initiatives on an ad hoc basis
- Facilitate reporting and list generation for both routine and non-routine department specific projects
Other Job Responsibilities:
- Ensure reporting is completed in a timely, accurate, and consistent manner
- Look to improve workflow processes
- Excel – Expert (writing/editing macros experience a plus)
- PowerPoint - Intermediate
- Word/Outlook - Intermediate
- Access - Intermediate
- Salesforce - Intermediate
- Previous experience within the financial institution/investment services business
- This person should be a self-motivated individual who can perform at a high level on a consistent basis
- Exhibit a positive attitude at all times
- Organized and accountable
- Team player who is willing to participate and lean in
- Excellent communicator
- Embraces change and can pivot when necessary
About LPL Financial:
LPL Financial is a leader in the retail financial advice market and the nation’s largest independent broker/dealer*. We serve independent financial advisors and financial institutions, providing them with the technology, research, clearing and compliance services, and practice management programs they need to create and grow thriving practices. LPL enables them to provide objective guidance to millions of American families seeking wealth management, retirement planning, financial planning and asset management solutions. LPL and its affiliates have more than 3,700 employees with primary offices in Boston, Charlotte, and San Diego.
If you join LPL, you will join a culture that believes in delivering a world-class client experience and looks to all employees to contribute to that goal by sharing their creativity, experience, and passion for continuous improvement. As a destination of choice, our top priorities are growth and development, social responsibility, and financial health for our employees.
We offer competitive compensation and industry leading benefits, including a wellness facility with onsite fitness classes, healthy meal choices, and a walk-in clinic. We support employee financial health through a 401k match, ESPP, and employee discounts. Work/life balance is our foundation and is supported through paid holidays, and paid time off (including time to volunteer). We foster a diverse work environment through Employee Resource Groups and diverse strategic partnerships.
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please login or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE
*As reported by Financial Planning magazine, June 1996-2017, based on total revenue.