AVP, Strategic Business MgmtApply Job ID: R-008251 Date posted: 03/12/2020 Primary Location SC-Fort Mill
- We’re seeking an experienced professional in the areas of strategic business planning, sales and business management, project management and strategic data analytics, with the proven ability to tailor both written and verbal communications to various levels of the organization. Institution Services Business Consulting is responsible for managing the 750+ financial institutions client relationships of LPL Financial. This role is to help the management team and the 25+ person team of consultants manage various elements of the business related to executing the department’s sales processes, metrics and reporting, and other operational aspects.
- Partner closely with Financial Planning & Analysis to develop and maintain business analysis and reporting to ensure business goals and strategic insights into the Institution Services business
- Develop and maintain a regular cadence of KPIs and management reporting in support of the Institution Services strategic and operational priorities
- Prepare strategic financial analysis of business trends, market analysis, to develop strategic insights of the IS business, with the goal of enhancing the overall strategic acumen of the team and regional leaders in a fashion consistent with the firm’s cultural evolution.
- Management of recurring processes to support clients and team members
- Partner with various internal organizations to ensure the correctness and completeness of data.
- Various ad hoc reporting and analysis requests
- Develop presentations to communicate analysis and recommendations
- 3 - 10 years of experience in the financial services/brokerage industry
- A high level of integrity, earning the respect and trust of his/her peer groups and executives
- Strong communication skills a must – verbal and written
- Personal confidence with outstanding leadership capabilities
- Ability to collaborate and work across a large and highly matrixed organization and collaborate/influence as appropriate
- Ability to work in a team environment, motivate team members and influence behavior of others
- Comfortable working under tight deadlines with ability to deliver quality work quickly, when needed
- Exceptional interpersonal and partnership skills and the ability to positively influence outcomes, particularly in difficult matters
- Highly motivated and able to adapt to changing priorities
- Must be able to work independently, and work effectively with all levels of management
- Efficiency in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Access
- Advanced Excel required; VBA experience preferred
- BA or BS
- Experience in advisor facing technologies or processes
- Creative sales and consultative skills withmarketing experience
- Process development and improvement skills
- Comprehensive knowledge and familiarity with all of LPL’s products, processes, services and tools
- Industry knowledge
About LPL Financial:
LPL Financial is a leader in the retail financial advice market and the nation’s largest independent broker/dealer*. We serve independent financial advisors and financial institutions, providing them with the technology, research, clearing and compliance services, and practice management programs they need to create and grow thriving practices. LPL enables them to provide objective guidance to millions of American families seeking wealth management, retirement planning, financial planning and asset management solutions. LPL and its affiliates have more than 4,200 employees with primary offices in Boston, Charlotte, and San Diego.
*As reported by Financial Planning magazine, June 1996-2019, based on total revenue.
If you join LPL, you will join a culture that believes in delivering a world-class client experience and looks to all employees to contribute to that goal by sharing their creativity, experience, and passion for continuous improvement. As a destination of choice, our top priorities are growth and development, social responsibility, and financial health for our employees.
We offer competitive compensation and industry leading benefits, including a wellness facility with onsite fitness classes, healthy meal choices, and a walk-in clinic. We support employee financial health through a 401k match, ESPP, and employee discounts. Work/life balance is our foundation and is supported through paid holidays, and paid time off (including time to volunteer). We foster a diverse work environment through Employee Resource Groups and diverse strategic partnerships.
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please log in or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE.
Information on Interviews:
LPL will only communicate with a job applicant directly from an @lpl.com email address and will never conduct an interview online or in a chatroom forum. During an interview, LPL will not request any form of payment from the applicant, or information regarding an applicant’s bank or credit card. Should you have any questions regarding the application process, please contact LPL’s Human Resources Solutions Center at (800) 877-7210.