Senior Business Systems AnalystApply Job ID: R-007330 Date posted: 08/01/2019 Primary Location CA-San Diego Other Locations SC-Fort Mill
We are currently looking to hire a Senior Business Systems Analystin LPL’s Technology organization.
As a Senior Analyst for Digital Experience Technology Platform, you will help to define digital services road-map, offerings and customer training. Under the direction of the DXT Manager, the Senior Analyst will assist in gathering business requests, managing product backlogs, documentation and leading customer trainings.
This position will also involve team coordination around design, development and release activities.
The candidate possess a unique blend of business, marketing and technical savvy; should be capable of developing a big-picture vision for high quality digital products and have the drive to ensure that the vision and success criteria are met.
This role may sit in Ft. Mill, SC or San Diego, CA.
- Responsible for business requirements analysis and use case capturing for UX Platform, Analytics Platform and Innovation POC initiatives.
- Develop DXT presentation decks and DXT executive summary reports.
- Documents product training materials and lead’s business / user training's on new product launches
- Schedule and lead digital and marketing requirements and design discussions with business and product teams
- Run story grooming sessions , participate in daily scrum calls and comfortable to slip into Scrum Master role as needed
- Engage minimal HTML, CSS , Java Script development initiatives.
- Collaborate with UX, solution architect developers and subject matter experts to establish the technical vision and analyze trade-offs between usability and performance needs
- Experience in using Adobe Experience Manager, Share Point, HTML, Java Script and other digital tools
- Work collaboratively with prototyping teams to translate that new client experience into a working prototype that brings the idea to life and evolve in to new products and projects
- Developing user manual and providing content author training to business users
- Perform query and reporting analysis; document data sources and mappings to support reporting and other data requirements
- Be a liaison between the business, application development team, other technology teams and project managers
- Ensure requirements are met through the entire SDLC process by participating in design discussions, QA, UAT and deployment
- Translate business requirements into a solution and analyze trade-offs between effort and return on value. Socialize these trade-offs with the project team and stakeholders
- Ensure requirements and test cases have appropriate sign offs and solutions are effective. Actively work to resolve issues users when requirements clarification is needed or to facilitate sign off on test cases
- 6+ years of experience in analysis and story building of digital products and initiatives.
- MS degree in Computer Science / Statistics / Mathematics / Data Science
- Must be hands on technologist with prior experience in similar role
- Experienced in Agile Scrum Development methodology and participation in Hack-A-Thon’s is added advantage
- Successfully engage in multiple initiatives simultaneously and demonstrated ability to deal with ambiguity.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group, executives, managers, and subject matter experts
- Experience with financial services industry a plus
About LPL Financial:
LPL Financial is a leader in the retail financial advice market and the nation’s largest independent broker/dealer*. We serve independent financial advisors and financial institutions, providing them with the technology, research, clearing and compliance services, and practice management programs they need to create and grow thriving practices. LPL enables them to provide objective guidance to millions of American families seeking wealth management, retirement planning, financial planning and asset management solutions. LPL and its affiliates have more than 3,700 employees with primary offices in Boston, Charlotte, and San Diego.
If you join LPL, you will join a culture that believes in delivering a world-class client experience and looks to all employees to contribute to that goal by sharing their creativity, experience, and passion for continuous improvement. As a destination of choice, our top priorities are growth and development, social responsibility, and financial health for our employees.
We offer competitive compensation and industry leading benefits, including a wellness facility with onsite fitness classes, healthy meal choices, and a walk-in clinic. We support employee financial health through a 401k match, ESPP, and employee discounts. Work/life balance is our foundation and is supported through paid holidays, and paid time off (including time to volunteer). We foster a diverse work environment through Employee Resource Groups and diverse strategic partnerships.
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please login or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE
*As reported by Financial Planning magazine, June 1996-2017, based on total revenue.