Senior Cloud Solution ArchitectApply Job ID: R-012583 Date posted: 02/17/2021 Primary Location TX-Austin Other Locations SC-Fort Mill , CA-San Diego
LPL is looking for a candidate with extensive hands on experience in AWS Cloud.
The Cloud Solutions Architect is responsible for developing and supporting the LPL technology architecture, leveraging cloud services and automation to enable business strategies and ensuring LPL cloud solutions are optimized for cost and functionality. This role will also be responsible for support, implementation and delivery of the LPL Financial cloud computing strategy along with the introduction of new emerging technologies and public cloud services, cloud application design, and cloud management and monitoring strategies. This person will work with other architects, technical leads, development teams and other stakeholders to drive and enable the migration and refactoring of on-premises applications to cloud native design and deployment methodologies.
This person will mentor and work with both developers, technical leads and architects to bring them up to speed on cloud architectures including modern programming languages, microservices and container based deployments. An energetic, dynamic and innovative mindset, with drive, attention to detail and excellent communication skills will be needed for success in this position. This individual must be able to translate complex ideas, technology, and programs into language senior management can relate to and be a key influencer on technical decisions that affect the business on a long-term basis.
- Manage the cloud strategy, continually evolve the architecture governance framework and the LPL architecture foundations
- Serve as a trusted advisor to LPL technology leaders
- Stay abreast of new industry trends and provide subject matter expertise in cloud technologies, providing consultation to leadership
- Research, analyze, design, propose and support the delivery of solutions that are appropriate for business and technology strategies
- Understand, advocate and support Technology enterprise strategies and act as a visionary to proactively assist in the direction for future strategies
- Recommend best-fit cloud solutions on the basis of need and risk appetite
- Lead and facilitate the creation of governing principles to guide decision-making
- Must have high attention to detail, be well organized and be a self-starter
- Must be able to work with limited direct supervision
- Regularly communicate project(s) health and identifies risks to project and program stakeholders, sponsors, and management
- Identify and direct changes through appropriate review and approval mechanisms
- Define cloud standards, DevSecOps, Continuous Integration / Continuous Delivery (CI/CD) tool chain and Standard Operating Environment (SOE)
- Define, implement and enforce the cloud standard operating environment, cloud standards, and associated tools/platforms/frameworks for the LPL application portfolio, in coordination with Technology wide efforts and Solution Architecture and Planning
- Drive Proof-of-Concepts and implementation, with hands-on involvement as SME, for new efforts: build/support deployment automation pipelines, build/support automated next gen CI/CD pipelines partnering with various teams, build and integrate new technologies like containers enabling multi-cloud and preventing cloud provider lock-in
- Understand and build on emerging industry trends and how they work with LPL Financial
- Define, evolve and execute the Technology application portfolio strategy for cloud migrations, data center consolidation and on-premises evolution, in alignment with overall Technology strategy and directions
- Define and enforce Cloud architecture best practices: availability; redundancy schemes, performance, Disaster Recovery, DB and Interfacing Systems, etc
- Educate teams about Cloud standards, migrations and SOE
- This list is not exhaustive; you will be expected to carry out any other duties that are deemed reasonable in relation to your position
- Deep understanding of cloud computing technologies, business drivers and emerging computing trends
- Knowledge and understanding of industry trends and new technologies and ability to apply trends to architectural needs
- Knowledge of enterprise platforms and operating systems as well as knowledge of key business functions and processes
- Working knowledge of Agile development, Scrum and Application Lifecycle Management
- Demonstrated ability to provide leadership and mentoring to various technology team members
- Demonstrated excellent communication (verbal and writing), influencing and negotiation skills
- Ability to effectively communicate with other senior leaders within Technology on program strategies and plans and negotiate quality solutions
- Ability to break down complex topics into simple to digest information and data points, adjusted to audiences at various levels
- Ability to create system and process flow diagrams, data flow diagrams, sequence and UML diagrams, inter and intra system dependencies within the functional domain and across them
- Ability to facilitate group meetings/discussions
- Ability to broker solutions for issues between functional domains, senior leaders
- Willingness to instruct and coach in a cloud training program as needed
- Demonstrated strong analytic and problem-solving abilities
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, system analysis or a related study, or equivalent experience
- Minimum of 5+ years in a solution or technical architect role using service and hosting solutions such as private/public cloud IaaS, PaaS and SaaS platforms
- At least 4+ years of experience hands on experience in cloud native architecture design, implementation of distributed, fault tolerant enterprise applications for Cloud.
- Experience in application migration to AWS cloud using Refactoring, Rearchitecting and Re-platforming approach
- 3+ Proven experience using AWS services in architecting PaaS solutions.
- AWS Certified Architect Technical Skills
- Deep understanding of Cloud Native and Microservices fundamentals
- Deep knowledge and understanding of AWS PaaS and IaaS features
- Hands on experience in AWS services i.e. EC2, ELB, MKS, ECS, ECR, EKS, S3, Fargate, Aurora DB, DynamoDB, Postgres(RDS), Lambda, SQS, SNS, RDS, API gateway, VPC, Route 53, Kinesis, sagemaker, DataSync, cloud front, Cloud Watch, AWS SDK/CLI etc.
- Strong experience in designing and implementing core services like VPC, S3, EC2, RDS, IAM, Route 53, Autoscaling , Cloudwatch, AWS Config, Cloudtrail, ELB, AWS Migration services, ELB, VPN/Direct
- Hands on experience in enabling Cloud PaaS app and data services like Lambda, RDS, SQS, MQ,, Step Functions, App flow, SNS, EMR, Kinesis, Redshift, Elastic Search and others
- Experience automation and provisioning of cloud environments using API’s, CLI and scripts.
- Experience in deploy, manage and scale applications using Cloud Formation/ AWS CLI
- Good understanding of AWS Security best practices and Well Architecture Framework
- Good knowledge on migrating on premise applications to AWS IaaS
- Good knowledge of AWS IaaS (AMI, Pricing Model, VPC, Subnets etc.)
- Good to have experience in Cloud Data processing and migration, advanced analytics AWS Redshift, Glue, AWS EMR, AWS Kinesis, Step functions
- Creating, deploying, configuring and scaling applications on AWS PaaS
- Experience in .Net and java programming languages and multi-threading programming
- Experience in working on modern web technologies such as Angular, Bootstrap, HTML5, CSS3, React
- Experience in modernization of legacy applications to modern applications
- Experience in DevOps tools, Automated deployments and containerization
- Knowledge on relational database and no SQL databases
- Hands on experience with Linux operating system
- Experience in full life-cycle agile software development
- Strong analytical & troubleshooting skills
Behaviors and Expectations
Sees the big picture and executes at scale Anticipates future consequences and trends Leverages OKR’s to understand what’s happening with the business Understands the rationale for the strategy and articulates it through compelling story telling (written and verbal)
Strategic Problem Solving & Decision Making
Develops reporting and fact base to identify, understand and solve critical issues Determines how to measure effectiveness Looks beyond the obvious, first answer and uses experience to dig deep for the root cause of a problem Speaks with candor while listening with curiosity
Measures goals by using insights to demonstrate value and course correct as appropriate Understands the effectiveness of teams and holds teams accountable to goals Implements process-driven feedback loops
Has the courage to have difficult conversations, provides real time feedback, and takes appropriate actions Has a vision and aligns employees to it; ensures communication is cascaded effectively to employees Holds team to high standards and coaches for performance and development Recognizes and values contributions of individuals and teams Uses situational leadership to manage employees through growth and development needs to build desired career
At LPL, we believe that objective financial guidance is a fundamental need for everyone. As the nation’s leading independent broker-dealer, we offer an integrated platform of proprietary technology, brokerage, and investment advisor services. We provide you with a work environment that encourages your creativity and growth, a leadership team that is supportive and responsive, and the opportunity to create a career that has no limits, only amazing potential.
We are one team on one mission. We take care of our advisors, so they can take care of their clients.
Because our company is not too big and not too small, you can seize the opportunity to make a real impact. We are committed to supporting workplace equality, and we embrace the different perspectives and backgrounds of our employees.We also care for our communities, and we encourage our employees to do the same. This creates an environment in which you can do your best work.
Want to hear from our employees on what it’s like to work at LPL? Watch this!
We take social responsibility seriously. Learn more here
Want to see info on our benefits? Learn more here
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please log in or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE.
Information on Interviews:
LPL will only communicate with a job applicant directly from an @lpl.com email address and will never conduct an interview online or in a chatroom forum. During an interview, LPL will not request any form of payment from the applicant, or information regarding an applicant’s bank or credit card. Should you have any questions regarding the application process, please contact LPL’s Human Resources Solutions Center at (800) 877-7210.