Senior Consultant, Advisor Diversity and InclusionApply Job ID: R-005656 Date posted: 01/17/2019 Primary Location CA-San Diego Other Locations SC-Fort Mill
We are currently looking to hire a Senior Consultant within the Culture and Community Engagement department, which is a part of LPL’s Human Capital organization. This role will work closely with the Senior Vice President of Advisor Diversity and Inclusion equip LPL to attract and retain the most diverse network of advisors in the industry and support their business growth by managing events, fostering advisor relationships, supporting new business efforts, and managing operations to support the team’s success.
- Manage events and programs from ideation to execution to demonstrate LPL’s commitment to diversity and inclusion to our advisor network.
- Develop and execute strategy to activate LPL advisor partners as recruiting ambassadors
- Foster relationships and interactions with LPL advisors and prospects to facilitate meaningful and impactful client experiences.
- Collaborate with internal teams to enhance recruiting efforts to attract a more diverse network of advisors to LPL.
- Create action plans, manage details, and execute with excellence to deliver innovative, quality events and experiences for LPL advisors.
- Develop impactful partnerships with internal teams to achieve collective outcomes.
- Develop and manage communication plan for diversity and inclusion year-long efforts to raise awareness of the initiative, and encourage participation in our programs and events.
- Manage vendors, resources and budgets to deliver events and programs on time and on budget.
- Minimum bachelor’s degree required
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in financial services, preferably in a sales or client service/relationship management
- Proficient in Word, Excel, and Power Point software systems
- Strong understanding for the financial industry and of the financial advisor and their business objectives and dynamics
- A passion for creating innovative solutions and programs and developing a plan to execute with excellence
- Excellent communication and writing skills with an enthusiastic, polished professional demeanor
- Strong organization skills, process orientation and passion for being detail-oriented
- Comfortable working in fast-paced environment, and able to multi-task and prioritize project work
- Strong relationship and consulting skills with a client-centric orientation in order to develop rapport with clients and community organizations
- Ability to listen, understand and empathize with client’s point of view
- A highly respectful and personable approach to client and coworker interactions
- Must be capable of working autonomously to deliver project tactics and manage milestones, taking ownership and accountability for results
- Is digitally savvy and can develop a strategic approach to the digital diversity experience for advisors
- Limited travel may be required to support advisor events
About LPL Financial:
LPL Financial is a leader in the retail financial advice market and the nation’s largest independent broker/dealer*. We serve independent financial advisors and financial institutions, providing them with the technology, research, clearing and compliance services, and practice management programs they need to create and grow thriving practices. LPL enables them to provide objective guidance to millions of American families seeking wealth management, retirement planning, financial planning and asset management solutions. LPL and its affiliates have more than 3,700 employees with primary offices in Boston, Charlotte, and San Diego.
If you join LPL, you will join a culture that believes in delivering a world-class client experience and looks to all employees to contribute to that goal by sharing their creativity, experience, and passion for continuous improvement. As a destination of choice, our top priorities are growth and development, social responsibility, and financial health for our employees.
We offer competitive compensation and industry leading benefits, including a wellness facility with onsite fitness classes, healthy meal choices, and a walk-in clinic. We support employee financial health through a 401k match, ESPP, and employee discounts. Work/life balance is our foundation and is supported through paid holidays, and paid time off (including time to volunteer). We foster a diverse work environment through Employee Resource Groups and diverse strategic partnerships.
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please login or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE
*As reported by Financial Planning magazine, June 1996-2017, based on total revenue.