Senior Core Internal Regional DirectorApply Job ID: R-006914 Date posted: 06/12/2019 Primary Location SC-Fort Mill
The Internal Regional Director on the Advisor Recruiting team within LPL's Business Development group will work with the department’s Vice President, Divisional Managers and Regional Directors (RD) to increase sales, activity, and growth (AUM & Advisors) in an assigned territory by identifying and aiding in the recruitment of new advisors and teams.
The Internal Regional Director of Advisor Recruiting will work directly with the External Advisor Recruiters to help source, research information, manage the pipeline, and close prospective advisors looking to join LPL.
- Identify new prospective advisors by making initial sales calls to potential advisors, as well as responding to internal calls or inquiries that are made to LPL.
- Outbound call campaigns that tie into LPL or industry trends creating opportunities.
- Set appointments for External Recruiters to meet with advisors in-field.
- Utilize discretion and independent judgment in evaluating potential advisors to determine whether the advisor is an appropriate candidate for LPL prior to introducing to the pipeline.
- Understand and articulate LPL’s business model, LPL’s policies, the financial services industry, and the benefits of joining one of LPL’s affiliation options.
- Host prospective advisor's due-diligence visit to home office.
- Meet with advisors during home office visit in order to address advisor’s questions and concerns including, but not limited to, addressing advisor’s questions regarding LPL’s platform and policies.
- Meet with advisor during home office visit in order to evaluate whether advisor is an appropriate candidate for LPL.
- Through phone based meetings with the advisor, engage in discovering and gathering information regarding the advisor’s business and potential fit with LPL.
- Exercise discretion and independent judgment in evaluating the advisor as well as the advisor’s book of business.
- Use information obtained during the home office visit to determine whether to continue recruiting advisor, and if so, how.
- Train and educate internal staff on the nuances of recruiting; this includes coaching the home office presenters on who our competitors are, and what hurdles we need to overcome in order to win the business.
- Individually own certain advisor segments of the pipeline from initial contact to the advisor joining LPL, and work in close partnership with RD to help manage the other segments of the pipeline.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing, Finance, Economics, or related field of study
- Series 7, 66, and 24 preferred
- Must have prior sales experience in the investment space, at least 2-4 years of Financial Services experience in a sales related role
- Prior experience as a Financial Advisor or Wholesaler ideal
- Strong familiarity with MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, Salesforce, and MS Outlook
- Superior verbal and written communication skills are required
- Consultative skills are a must
- Commitment to follow-up and follow-through
- Well-organized, strong time management skills
- Team-player, positive "can-do" attitude
About LPL Financial:
LPL Financial is a leader in the retail financial advice market and the nation’s largest independent broker/dealer*. We serve independent financial advisors and financial institutions, providing them with the technology, research, clearing and compliance services, and practice management programs they need to create and grow thriving practices. LPL enables them to provide objective guidance to millions of American families seeking wealth management, retirement planning, financial planning and asset management solutions. LPL and its affiliates have more than 3,700 employees with primary offices in Boston, Charlotte, and San Diego.
If you join LPL, you will join a culture that believes in delivering a world-class client experience and looks to all employees to contribute to that goal by sharing their creativity, experience, and passion for continuous improvement. As a destination of choice, our top priorities are growth and development, social responsibility, and financial health for our employees.
We offer competitive compensation and industry leading benefits, including a wellness facility with onsite fitness classes, healthy meal choices, and a walk-in clinic. We support employee financial health through a 401k match, ESPP, and employee discounts. Work/life balance is our foundation and is supported through paid holidays, and paid time off (including time to volunteer). We foster a diverse work environment through Employee Resource Groups and diverse strategic partnerships.
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please login or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE
*As reported by Financial Planning magazine, June 1996-2017, based on total revenue.