Senior Designer, Product Experience / User Experience / Experience Design (PX /UX / XD)Apply Job ID: R-016820 Date posted: 08/23/2021 Primary Location SC-Fort Mill Other Locations TX-Austin , MA-Boston , CA-Remote ,NC-Remote
Looking to join a team hyper-focused on designing industry-leading product experiences?
Interested in partnering with product managers, researchers, developers, and business leaders?
Want to be part of an awesome team that helps each other grow while making amazing things?
If so, let’s talk.
The Product Experience Design team at LPL Financial is looking for an exceptionally talented Senior Designer, Product Experience / User Experience / Experience Design (PX / UX / XD) to join our team.
LPL Financial is the nation’s largest independent broker-dealer. We provide technology and services to over 17,000 financial professionals and millions of investors. Our team is looking to grow so we can solve more wicked problems and design exceptional experiences for our customers.
What are we looking for?
We want strong collaborators who can deliver a world-class client experience. We are looking for people who thrive in a fast-paced environment, are client-focused, team-oriented, and can execute in a way that encourages creativity and continuous improvement.
You are a passionate Product Experience / User Experience Designer with an entrepreneurial spirit, who naturally advocates for users, embraces human-centered design principles, and loves to create, iterate, and improve experiences based on direct customer research and feedback.
- You will engage with product management, research & design, and engineering in design thinking workshops to understand the problems and explore opportunities. You will create journey maps, service blueprints, storyboards, concept decks, wireframes, and low & high-fidelity prototypes to explore and validate solutions while demonstrating the value of design and product experience.
- You will partner with the same teams to plan out customer research and design validation, iterate on and improve the design’s effectiveness by regularly incorporating direct customer research and feedback.
- You will promote industry best practices and partner with engineering to help them build an amazing experience while iterating the design around emerging business goals and engineering factors.
- You have 5+ years of experience pursuing user-centered design methodologies while designing elegant product experiences for complex problems that customers love. The product designs you create make competitors’ customers jealous.
- You come from a product experience (PX), user experience (UX), experience design (XD), information architecture (IA), interaction design (IxD), or visual/user interface design (UI) background. You love being part of an awesome team. You have a strong desire to support team members & partners and mentoring junior designers.
- You always advocate for the value of good design and can use the term “Agile” in a sentence.
At LPL, we believe that objective financial guidance is a fundamental need for everyone. As the nation’s leading independent broker-dealer, we offer an integrated platform of proprietary technology, brokerage, and investment advisor services. We provide you with a work environment that encourages your creativity and growth, a leadership team that is supportive and responsive, and the opportunity to create a career that has no limits, only amazing potential.
We are one team on one mission. We take care of our advisors, so they can take care of their clients.
Because our company is not too big and not too small, you can seize the opportunity to make a real impact. We are committed to supporting workplace equality, and we embrace the different perspectives and backgrounds of our employees.We also care for our communities, and we encourage our employees to do the same. This creates an environment in which you can do your best work.
Want to hear from our employees on what it’s like to work at LPL? Watch this!
We take social responsibility seriously. Learn more here
Want to see info on our benefits? Learn more here
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please log in or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE.
Information on Interviews:
LPL will only communicate with a job applicant directly from an @lplfinancial.com email address and will never conduct an interview online or in a chatroom forum. During an interview, LPL will not request any form of payment from the applicant, or information regarding an applicant’s bank or credit card. Should you have any questions regarding the application process, please contact LPL’s Human Resources Solutions Center at (800) 877-7210.