Senior Desktop EngineerApply Job ID: R-015382 Date posted: 07/02/2021 Primary Location SC-Fort Mill
Are you a team player? Are you curious to learn? Are you interested in working in meaningful projects? Do you want to work with cutting-edge technology? Are you interested in being part of a team that is working to transform and do things differently? If so, LPL Financial is the place for you!
Excited to learn more? If so, then this could be the role for you!
LPL Financial is one of the nation's leading financial services companies and a publicly traded company under ticker symbol LPLA. We support over 18,000 financial professionals—including over 14,000 independent advisors, more than 700 financial institutions, and over 4,000 institutional clearing and technology subscribers. We enable advisors to focus on their clients by reducing the complexity of running their practice and we support their business by offering enabling technology, comprehensive clearing and compliance services, practice management programs and training, and independent research. At LPL, we take care of our advisors, so they can take care of their clients. And Technology is at the center of our mission.
The Senior Desktop Engineer will utilize expert level knowledge to design, build, test, deploy, report on and support the corporate desktop image (Windows and Mac OS), proprietary and 3rd party application packages, application and OS update/patch management (Windows and Mac OS) and desktop configuration management solutions (SCCM, Intune, Jamf). This senior role will be responsible for evaluating existing and new technologies, creating innovation and efficiencies in imaging and configuration management, and mentoring junior engineers. This senior role will be working as part of a dedicated team that is focused to on-board new employees that are from companies that LPL has recently acquired. They will be responsible for planning and executing the issuance of LPL computing solutions (VDI or Laptop), migration of assets to LPL, and/or decommissioning the legacy equipment during the transition of M&A target employees. This will include Windows and Mac OS which will cover planning, configuring, testing, and deploying of hardware and software solutions.
- Work with M&A team to configure, test and deploy hardware configurations to new LPL team members.
- Engage with end users to ensure that the configurations being provided meet their needs along with meeting the LPL standards.
- Provide lead engineering capabilities for Configuration Management (SCCM) and Windows/MAC environment
- Produce and maintain desktop standards, knowledge base, operating procedures, guidelines and system documentation
- Create, maintain and administer standard corporate image, deployment, management, and monitoring capability
- Package, test, and deploy system and application updates/patches to the end-user environment
- Comprehensive administration of the desktop environment
- Evaluate and test new hardware and software
- Escalation support including VIP (executive) issues
- Perform planning, design and implementation of workstation hardware, software, and application upgrades and rollouts through SCCM, Jamf and other tools
- Provide vision and strategy for end user computing environment including evaluation of emerging technology, software, and hardware road map to improve customer efficiency and productivity
- Lead technical driven projects and deliver on time within budget
- Research and evaluate desktop capabilities and tools as required to ensure functionality is available to support business initiatives across the organization.
- Build automation into daily processes to improve the Ease of Doing Business
- Adhere to existing Change and Problem Management Processes
- Serve as the highest level of technical escalation for user related issues
- Mentor junior team members and train on systems and solutions
- Ability and willingness to work nights, weekends, and on-call support
- Provide exemplary high touch customer service skills, problem resolution, and support for internal customers
What are we looking for?
We want strong collaborators who can deliver a world-class client experience. We are looking for people who thrive in a fast-paced environment, are client-focused, team oriented, and are able to execute in a way that encourages creativity and continuous improvement.
- 7+ years of experience with end user computing technical support in a Windows environment
- 5+ years of SCCM 2012/2016 experience in an SCCM Administrator or Desktop Engineer role.
- 4+ years of experience with Active Directory and GPO management
- 1-2 years leading initiatives and or projects related to desktop engineering or configuration management (including but not limited to SCCM upgrades, infrastructure or topology improvements and changes, and Windows OS upgrade rollouts)
- Application support and OS patch management experience in a medium to large size corporate environment with multiple client sites using tools such as SCCM, WSUS, and Jamf
- Expert level experience with desktop image development and image deployment
- Expert level troubleshooting skills with Windows OS/Office Suite including Windows 10 and Office 365
- Expert level knowledge of scripting and development knowledge – PowerShell, VBScript, Batch
- Strong business, technical and analytical abilities and ability to use advance problem solving to find answers for customer issues
- Demonstrates great leadership through projects and daily tasks
- Ability to manage multiple end-user support and business as usual requests effectively
- Very strong work ethic; able and willing to be a productive, reliable, and collaborative team member with minimal supervision
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills with ability to handle a wide variety of customer service situations
- Proficient with application packaging and distribution using tools such as AdminStudio and Flexera
- Proficient with application virtualization and delivery using VMWare and similar VDI technologies
- Working understanding of Security, TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP concepts
At LPL, we believe that objective financial guidance is a fundamental need for everyone. As the nation’s leading independent broker-dealer, we offer an integrated platform of proprietary technology, brokerage, and investment advisor services. We provide you with a work environment that encourages your creativity and growth, a leadership team that is supportive and responsive, and the opportunity to create a career that has no limits, only amazing potential.
We are one team on one mission. We take care of our advisors, so they can take care of their clients.
Because our company is not too big and not too small, you can seize the opportunity to make a real impact. We are committed to supporting workplace equality, and we embrace the different perspectives and backgrounds of our employees.We also care for our communities, and we encourage our employees to do the same. This creates an environment in which you can do your best work.
Want to hear from our employees on what it’s like to work at LPL? Watch this!
We take social responsibility seriously. Learn more here
Want to see info on our benefits? Learn more here
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please log in or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE.
Information on Interviews:
LPL will only communicate with a job applicant directly from an @lplfinancial.com email address and will never conduct an interview online or in a chatroom forum. During an interview, LPL will not request any form of payment from the applicant, or information regarding an applicant’s bank or credit card. Should you have any questions regarding the application process, please contact LPL’s Human Resources Solutions Center at (800) 877-7210.