Senior Developer - EDIS Development OperationsApply Job ID: R-010333 Date posted: 07/23/2020 Primary Location TX-Austin Other Locations SC-Fort Mill
Senior SQL Developer:We are looking for a person who is Enthusiastic about developing the best software available and providing the ultimate customer experience. Someone interested in staying current and proficient on existing emerging relevant SQL technology through self-study and company-provided training opportunities.
An Ideal candidate should be able to work independently on modules and complete tasks with high quality, but should be unafraid to seek out suggestions from other team members and should be familiar with best practices and standard development tasks.
As a Report/ETL developer, you would have to work directly with different development groups to ensure that we deliver quality solutions
- Understanding business requirements
- Develop, maintain and optimize complex T-SQL queries
- Report development using SSRS/OBIEE/Tableau.
- Develop ETL workflows using Informatica/SSIS
- Write ad-hoc queries, stored procedures, SQL Agent Jobs.
- Performance Tuning and Query Optimization using native SQL Server tools
Education and Experience
- Bachelor Degree or in-lieu of degree equivalent education
- 10+ years of experience in Information Technology with at least 5+ years in Data Warehouse applications using sql server and oracle.
- 5+ years of experience with the BI/DW lifecycle components including Source Data Analysis, ETL and reporting.
- 3+ years proven experience in managing and executing data warehouse initiatives along with providing project management/process support to IT teams.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and conceptual skills
- Experience with the following: SSIS, SSMS, SSRS
- Experience with relational databases
- Experience with ETL, PowerBI, and Data Modeling a big plus.
- Ability to work collaboratively with other teams
- Strong interpersonal skills to resolve problems professionally, lead working groups, negotiate, and create consensus.
- Ability to multitask, adapt to new situations and learn quickly.
- Perform tasks within predefined guidelines and procedures as assigned by manager or project team
At LPL, we believe that objective financial guidance is a fundamental need for everyone. As the nation’s leading independent broker-dealer, we offer an integrated platform of proprietary technology, brokerage, and investment advisor services. We provide you with a work environment that encourages your creativity and growth, a leadership team that is supportive and responsive, and the opportunity to create a career that has no limits, only amazing potential.
We are one team on one mission. We take care of our advisors, so they can take care of their clients.
Because our company is not too big and not too small, you can seize the opportunity to make a real impact. We are committed to supporting workplace equality, and we embrace the different perspectives and backgrounds of our employees.We also care for our communities, and we encourage our employees to do the same. This creates an environment in which you can do your best work.
Want to hear from our employees on what it’s like to work at LPL? Watch this!
We take social responsibility seriously. Learn more here
Want to see info on our benefits? Learn more here
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please log in or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE.
Information on Interviews:
LPL will only communicate with a job applicant directly from an @lpl.com email address and will never conduct an interview online or in a chatroom forum. During an interview, LPL will not request any form of payment from the applicant, or information regarding an applicant’s bank or credit card. Should you have any questions regarding the application process, please contact LPL’s Human Resources Solutions Center at (800) 877-7210.