Senior EditorApply Job ID: R-003235 Date posted: 05/30/2018 Primary Location MA-Boston Other Locations SC-Fort Mill
LPL is seeking a talented Senior Editor to join its Marketing department. The Senior Editor is responsible for the editing and proofreading of external communications, including but not limited to: white papers, scripts, website content, research (market- and investment-focused material), data sheets, product launch materials, case studies, and newsletters in a B2B environment.
As a key member of the creative conception process, this individual has responsibility for ensuring the company’s market-facing messaging is consistent and relevant (i.e., client-/benefit-oriented), providing a single, unified message. This position requires a thorough knowledge of and expertise in applying brand voice to communications, establishing editorial standards, and overseeing copywriting and editorial workflow.
The Senior Editor will serve as a member of a dynamic and results-oriented Content and Creative Services team in Marketing. This high-visibility position will report directly to the Assistant Vice President of Editorial and work closely with key members of the leadership, product, research, and marketing teams to successfully gather content from key stakeholders, manage the material, and develop and obtain final approvals.
- Edit documents for accuracy, consistency, and brand voice.
- Consistently apply style guides and brand voice guidelines.
- Utilize superior attention to detail and accuracy.
- Work in a high-volume workplace and interact with a wide variety of partners and groups.
- Review externally developed materials to ensure delivery of a cohesive and comprehensive marketing message.
- Heavy focus on editing (80%), but ability to write will be needed (20%) as well.
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Communications, English, Journalism, or related field of study
- Minimum 5 years of experience as an editor, preferably in a fast-paced/high-volume environment
- Prior experience with and strong understanding of full-cycle marketing process
- Must be a self-starter, detail-oriented, organized, able to take ownership of projects quickly, and able to drive projects until completion
- Superior editing and proofreading skills
- Expertise with use of MS Office (Word and PowerPoint)
- Keen attention to detail
- Excellent listening and interviewing skills
- Advanced creativity and flexibility
- Proven ability to influence cross-functional teams
- Strong sense of accountability
- Proven ability to succeed in a fast-paced, high-stress start-up environment and handle multiple projects and deadlines
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Experience with financial services writing/editing is a plus
About LPL Financial:
LPL Financial is a leader in the retail financial advice market and the nation’s largest independent broker/dealer*. We serve independent financial advisors and financial institutions, providing them with the technology, research, clearing and compliance services, and practice management programs they need to create and grow thriving practices. LPL enables them to provide objective guidance to millions of American families seeking wealth management, retirement planning, financial planning and asset management solutions. LPL and its affiliates have more than 3,700 employees with primary offices in Boston, Charlotte, and San Diego.
If you join LPL, you will join a culture that believes in delivering a world-class client experience and looks to all employees to contribute to that goal by sharing their creativity, experience, and passion for continuous improvement. As a destination of choice, our top priorities are growth and development, social responsibility, and financial health for our employees.
We offer competitive compensation and industry leading benefits, including a wellness facility with onsite fitness classes, healthy meal choices, and a walk-in clinic. We support employee financial health through a 401k match, ESPP, and employee discounts. Work/life balance is our foundation and is supported through paid holidays, and paid time off (including time to volunteer). We foster a diverse work environment through Employee Resource Groups and diverse strategic partnerships.
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please login or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE
*As reported by Financial Planning magazine, June 1996-2017, based on total revenue.