Senior Employee Relations ConsultantApply Job ID: R-010510 Date posted: 06/26/2020 Primary Location SC-Fort Mill
Would you consider yourself an expert at diffusing difficult situations? Do you have experience with managing employee relations cases from inception to resolution? Do you have working knowledge of and experience with California employment law?
Excited to learn more? If so, then this could be the role for you!
What will you do?
As a Sr. Employee Relations Consultant, you will consult as well as coach managers and employees on all employee relations matters, leaves of absences and workplace accommodations. You will also work with managers with drafting written counselings and communications. As a Sr. Employee Relations Consultant, you will be required to travel up to 20% of the time.
- Conduct workplace investigations, draft/report on findings and work with the business on recommended course of action.
- Records and analyzes HR data as needed to identify trends, provide recommendations, and develop action plans.
- Partners with HR Consultants and COEs on employment related initiatives; collaborates with the ER team to recommend and develop consistent practices and action plans.
Please note: Additional responsibilities or duties may be assigned to you as needed or determined.
What are we looking for?
We want strong collaborators who can deliver a world class, employee experience. We are looking for people who thrive in a fast-paced and deadline driven environment, are team oriented, and are able to execute in a way that encourages continuous improvement.
What skills, experiences and/or education is required?
- 5+ years of experience as an Employee Relations specialist, or as an HR Business Partner with experience managing an Employee Relations caseload
- Experience with managing statutory (federal/state) leaves of absence and ADAAA/Cal-FEHA/Title VII disability and religious workplace accommodations, required
- Experience with conducting complex workplace investigations and working with legal counsel and the business on recommended course of action
- Experience with training/presenting to a variety of audiences on policies and procedures, and employee relations material
- Deep analytical skills with demonstrated ability to work within the "gray" and make sound assessments and provide effective recommendations for varying situations and circumstances
- Bachelor’s Degree required, HR Management, PHR, SPHR Certificate preferred
About LPL Financial:
LPL Financial is a leader in the retail financial advice market and the nation’s largest independent broker/dealer*. We serve independent financial advisors and financial institutions, providing them with the technology, research, clearing and compliance services, and practice management programs they need to create and grow thriving practices. LPL enables them to provide objective guidance to millions of American families seeking wealth management, retirement planning, financial planning and asset management solutions. LPL and its affiliates have more than 4,200 employees with primary offices in Boston, Charlotte, and San Diego.
*As reported by Financial Planning magazine, June 1996-2019, based on total revenue.
If you join LPL, you will join a culture that believes in delivering a world-class client experience and looks to all employees to contribute to that goal by sharing their creativity, experience, and passion for continuous improvement. As a destination of choice, our top priorities are growth and development, social responsibility, and financial health for our employees.
We offer competitive compensation and industry leading benefits, including a wellness facility with onsite fitness classes, healthy meal choices, and a walk-in clinic. We support employee financial health through a 401k match, ESPP, and employee discounts. Work/life balance is our foundation and is supported through paid holidays, and paid time off (including time to volunteer). We foster a diverse work environment through Employee Resource Groups and diverse strategic partnerships.
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please log in or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE.
Information on Interviews:
LPL will only communicate with a job applicant directly from an @lpl.com email address and will never conduct an interview online or in a chatroom forum. During an interview, LPL will not request any form of payment from the applicant, or information regarding an applicant’s bank or credit card. Should you have any questions regarding the application process, please contact LPL’s Human Resources Solutions Center at (800) 877-7210.