Senior Engineer - VirtualizationApply Job ID: R-003011 Date posted: 05/21/2018 Primary Location SC-Fort Mill
The Senior VMware/Virtualization Systems Engineer will be responsible for the design, deployment, and support of VK’s VMware infrastructure, and will have practical experience in implementing and sustaining VMware installation, configuration, management, and data protection of a high-availability virtualized environment.
Will need to excel in a fast-paced, dynamic environment, and deliver solutions across a virtualization environment. Must be a collaborative team player that can help manage and scale our virtualization environment as we expand, while driving complex issues to resolution.
- Install, configure and manage VMware virtualization environment components (vSphere, vRA, SRM, ESX)
- Provide capability to install, configure, and manage a highly available and scalable VMware/virtualization infrastructure.
- Plan and configure vSphere networking and storage solutions.
- Develop plans for deploying and administering virtual machines and vApps.
- Establish and maintain service levels; perform basic troubleshooting; monitor vSphere implementations; and manage vCenter server alarms.
- Provide input on data protection, access, authentication control, resource management, monitoring, high availability, fault tolerance, and scalable virtualized infrastructure.
- Provision virtual machines and patches to the software and hardware hosting infrastructure.
- Maintain server/blade hardware including failed component replacement.
- Maintain and restore VM "backups" and snapshots.
- Participate in on-call after-hours support rotation, responding to support calls after- hours/weekends/holidays.
- Provide Operation and Sustainment support for the virtualization environment
- Ensure virtualization systems are compliant within required security standards
- Develop and maintain O&S Standard Operating Procedures for VMware virtualization environment
- Ensure compliance with industry standard audit, reporting, alerting for SOX, Cobit, SEC and FINRA controls.
Formal Education & Certification:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or information systems, and/or 7 years equivalent work experience.
- VMware Certified professional 4.1 or higher
About LPL Financial:
LPL Financial is a leader in the retail financial advice market and the nation’s largest independent broker/dealer*. We serve independent financial advisors and financial institutions, providing them with the technology, research, clearing and compliance services, and practice management programs they need to create and grow thriving practices. LPL enables them to provide objective guidance to millions of American families seeking wealth management, retirement planning, financial planning and asset management solutions. LPL and its affiliates have more than 3,700 employees with primary offices in Boston, Charlotte, and San Diego.
If you join LPL, you will join a culture that believes in delivering a world-class client experience and looks to all employees to contribute to that goal by sharing their creativity, experience, and passion for continuous improvement. As a destination of choice, our top priorities are growth and development, social responsibility, and financial health for our employees.
We offer competitive compensation and industry leading benefits, including a wellness facility with onsite fitness classes, healthy meal choices, and a walk-in clinic. We support employee financial health through a 401k match, ESPP, and employee discounts. Work/life balance is our foundation and is supported through paid holidays, and paid time off (including time to volunteer). We foster a diverse work environment through Employee Resource Groups and diverse strategic partnerships.
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please login or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE
*As reported by Financial Planning magazine, June 1996-2017, based on total revenue.