Senior Financial Analyst, Corporate FP&AApply Job ID: R-015407 Date posted: 07/22/2021 Primary Location SC-Fort Mill
LPL Financial is one of the nation's leading financial services companies and a publicly traded company under ticker symbol LPLA. We support over 18,000 financial professionals—including over 14,000 independent advisors, more than 700 financial institutions, and over 4,000 institutional clearing and technology subscribers. We enable advisors to focus on their clients by reducing the complexity of running their practice and we support their business by offering enabling technology, comprehensive clearing and compliance services, practice management programs and training, and independent research. At LPL, we take care of our advisors, so they can take care of their clients. And Technology is at the center of our mission.
Come join LPL Financial as a Senior Analyst on our Financial Planning & Analysis (“FP&A”) team, one of the most visible departments in the organization.
As a trusted business partner, you will lead deep analysis and key forecasts to help our management make informed decisions. You will work with business partners to develop metrics, budgets, reporting, and forecasting for Corporate FP&A. The ideal candidate for this role has a combination of strong business acumen and technical knowledge to develop and deliver tools and analysis enabling informed and targeted decision making to drive continuous improvement.
The FP&A group plays an instrumental role in the analysis and reporting of LPL’s financial information and partnering with the company’s business units providing overall financial decision support. This team is integrally involved in strategic and general financial analysis, including supporting growth initiatives, forward trend analysis, infrastructure projects and investment evaluations utilizing cost-benefit and return on investment models. Another primary responsibility of the group is to work with business partners across LPL to review financial results on a monthly basis, capture variance explanations and reforecast items, and support the budget planning process. Lastly, this group is tasked with the reporting of financial information in various forms including but not limited to monthly executive packages, board of director presentations, and budget summaries.
- Working closely with cross-functional business partners to understand and provide insights to monthly performance and forecasts
- Presenting and reporting to senior management on financials
- Preparing monthly executive packages and board of direction presentations
- Supporting Investor Relations and Corporate Accounting in the quarterly earnings release
- Presenting and reporting to senior management on financials
- Development of business metrics and dashboards
- Ad hoc analysis and additional responsibilities as required
- Identify high-level conceptual process improvements within the existing Hyperion applications
- Recognizing system inefficiencies and implementing effective solutions
What are we looking for?
We want strong collaborators who can deliver a world-class client experience. We are looking for people who thrive in a fast-paced environment, are client-focused, team oriented, and are able to execute in a way that encourages creativity and continuous improvement.
- BA/BS degree in Finance, Business, or Economics (or a related discipline) is required
- 3-5 years finance-related experience, professional services experience preferred
- Effective communication, presentation and writing skills
- In depth knowledge of financial reporting processes
- MS Excel and PowerPoint expert
- Strong systems and process mindset; experience with enterprise systems and reporting tools a definite plus (OBIEE, OFA, Hyperion or other Saas reporting tools)
- Strong project management skills
- Detail oriented with insight to determine applicability of big picture analysis
- Ability to work comfortably with incomplete information and deal with ambiguity in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work within a team, take the initiative and show strong attention to detail is critical
- Ability to take complex factors and create concise and decision supporting analysis is essential
- Proactive problem solver, expected to present problems and recommendations simultaneously
- Commitment to excellence and integrity
- High level of motivation and initiative
At LPL, we believe that objective financial guidance is a fundamental need for everyone. As the nation’s leading independent broker-dealer, we offer an integrated platform of proprietary technology, brokerage, and investment advisor services. We provide you with a work environment that encourages your creativity and growth, a leadership team that is supportive and responsive, and the opportunity to create a career that has no limits, only amazing potential.
We are one team on one mission. We take care of our advisors, so they can take care of their clients.
Because our company is not too big and not too small, you can seize the opportunity to make a real impact. We are committed to supporting workplace equality, and we embrace the different perspectives and backgrounds of our employees.We also care for our communities, and we encourage our employees to do the same. This creates an environment in which you can do your best work.
Want to hear from our employees on what it’s like to work at LPL? Watch this!
We take social responsibility seriously. Learn more here
Want to see info on our benefits? Learn more here
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please log in or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE.
Information on Interviews:
LPL will only communicate with a job applicant directly from an @lplfinancial.com email address and will never conduct an interview online or in a chatroom forum. During an interview, LPL will not request any form of payment from the applicant, or information regarding an applicant’s bank or credit card. Should you have any questions regarding the application process, please contact LPL’s Human Resources Solutions Center at (800) 877-7210.