Senior Financial AnalystApply Job ID: R-024093 Date posted: 08/08/2022 Primary Location SC-Fort Mill
Are you a team player? Are you curious to learn? Are you interested in working in meaningful projects? Do you want to work with cutting-edge technology? Are you interested in being part of a team that is working to transform and do things differently? If so, LPL Financial is the place for you!
LPL Financial (Nasdaq: LPLA) was founded on the principle that the firm should work for the advisor, and not the other way around. Today, LPL is a leader* in the markets we serve, supporting more than 18,000 financial advisors, 800 institution-based investment programs and 450 independent RIA firms nationwide. We are steadfast in our commitment to the advisor-centered model and the belief that Americans deserve access to personalized guidance from a financial advisor. At LPL, independence means that advisors have the freedom they deserve to choose the business model, services, and technology resources that allow them to run their perfect practice. And they have the freedom to manage their client relationships, because they know their clients best. Simply put, we take care of our advisors, so they can take care of their clients.
The FP&A group plays an instrumental role in the analysis and reporting of LPL’s investment information and partnering with the company’s business units providing overall financial decision support. This team is integrally involved in strategic and general investment analysis, including supporting growth initiatives, business case analysis, and investment evaluations utilizing cost-benefit and return on investment models. Lastly, this group is tasked with the reporting of financial information in various forms including but not limited to monthly executive committee.
- Preparing presentations and reporting to senior management on business results
- Delivering specialized analyses surrounding product-level profitability
- Working closely with cross-functional business partners to understand and provide insights to business needs and funding requests
- Development of business metrics and dashboards
- Ad hoc analysis, modeling, and additional responsibilities as required
- Identify high-level conceptual process improvements
- Recognizing system inefficiencies and implementing effective solutions
- Technology Capital Purchase Planning
- FinOps / Cloud Financial Management
- Software financial and accounting practices
- Technology chargeback / service catalog
What are we looking for?
We want strong collaborators who can deliver a world-class client experience. We are looking for people who thrive in a fast-paced environment, are client-focused, team oriented, and are able to execute in a way that encourages creativity and continuous improvement.
- BA/BS degree in Finance, Business, or Economics (or a related discipline)
- MS Excel and PowerPoint
- 3-5+ years of finance experience
- In depth knowledge of financial reporting processes
- Detail oriented with insight to determine applicability of big picture analysis
- Ability to work comfortably with incomplete information and deal with ambiguity in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work within a team, take the initiative and show strong attention to detail is critical
- Ability to take initiative and create concise and decision supporting analysis is essential
- Proactive problem solver, expected to present problems and recommendations simultaneously
- Effective communication, presentation and writing skills
- Experience with enterprise systems and reporting tools a definite plus (Hyperion or others)
- Positive attitude, commitment to excellence and integrity
- High level of motivation and initiative
At LPL, we believe that objective financial guidance is a fundamental need for everyone. As the nation’s leading independent broker-dealer, we offer an integrated platform of proprietary technology, brokerage, and investment advisor services. We provide you with a work environment that encourages your creativity and growth, a leadership team that is supportive and responsive, and the opportunity to create a career that has no limits, only amazing potential.
We are one team on one mission. We take care of our advisors, so they can take care of their clients.
Because our company is not too big and not too small, you can seize the opportunity to make a real impact. We are committed to supporting workplace equality, and we embrace the different perspectives and backgrounds of our employees.We also care for our communities, and we encourage our employees to do the same. This creates an environment in which you can do your best work.
Want to hear from our employees on what it’s like to work at LPL? Watch this!
We take social responsibility seriously. Learn more here
Want to see info on our benefits? Learn more here
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please log in or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE.
Information on Interviews:
LPL will only communicate with a job applicant directly from an @lplfinancial.com email address and will never conduct an interview online or in a chatroom forum. During an interview, LPL will not request any form of payment from the applicant, or information regarding an applicant’s bank or credit card. Should you have any questions regarding the application process, please contact LPL’s Human Resources Solutions Center at (800) 877-7210.