Senior Incident Response AnalystApply Job ID: R-001949 Date posted: 01/18/2018 Primary Location SC-Fort Mill
LPL Financial is the nation’s largest independent brokerage firm with more than 14,000 independent financial advisors in more than 4,000 branch offices nationwide. LPL Financial has been ranked the number one broker dealer in its class consistently over the past 10 years. Financially strong and growing, its corporate offices are in Boston, San Diego, and Charlotte.
LPL Financial is seeking a Senior Incident Response Analyst to work within its growing Information Security department. This position will include performing security monitoring, event analysis, investigation and constructing countermeasures for today's threats. There are also ample opportunities to work on new technology implementations, as well as ongoing tuning and optimization of existing technologies.
- Responsible for supporting Security Operations during normal business hours and in an on-call rotation outside normal business hours
- Actively seeks to uncover indicators of compromise for which monitoring capabilities do not yet exist
- Review and analysis of intrusion detection systems, security incident event management systems, network traffic and data from solutions such as anti-malware, advanced endpoint detection/prevention, firewalls, internet/email gateways and VPNs
- Perform packet analysis to identify anomalies in protocols and payloads
- Maintains and enhances documentation and standards for discoveries and reporting of malicious tactics, techniques, and procedures
- Stay current with the latest malware, attack vectors and security trends
- Participate in incident handling, discovery, triage, containment, recovery, and remediation plan coordination
- Provides guidance to first responders for handling information security incidents
- Coordinates efforts among multiple business units during response efforts
- Provides timely and relevant updates to appropriate stakeholders and decision makers
- Assist with evaluation and integration of new products and technologies
- Provides project support related tasks to integrate security platforms as well as ongoing tuning support for existing technology
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Security or related field
- 2-6+ years of experience in computer forensics or vulnerability analysis
- 3-6+ years of experience in information security,especially in an incident response role
- Understanding of network security devices, protocols, routing, and services
- Experience with analysis of server, network, web and mail security events
- Experience using SIEM technologies
- Familiarity with Information Security Risk Management practices
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Highest level of technical expertise in information security, including deep familiarity with relevant penetration and intrusion techniques and attack vectors
- Excellent investigative skills, insatiable curiosity, and an innate drive to win
- Security certifications such as CISSP, GCIH or GPEN are a plus
- Scripting experience, preferable with python and/or powershell
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package. Please login or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE.
LPL Financial, the nation’s largest independent broker/dealer since 1996* and the fourth largest broker/dealer overall, serves as an enabling partner to more than 14,000 independent financial advisors and approximately 700 financial institutions. Since its formation decades ago, LPL has focused on one primary mission -- enabling independent financial advisors to bring objective and un-biased financial advice to millions of Americans.
Headquartered in Boston, San Diego, and Fort Mill, and powered by more than 3,300 client-centric employees, LPL is financially strong and growing.
If you join LPL, you will join a culture that believes in delivering a world-class client experience and looks to all employees to contribute to that goal by sharing their creativity, experience, and passion for continuous improvement. As a destination of choice, our top priorities are growth and development, social responsibility, and financial health for our employees.
We offer competitive compensation and industry leading benefits, including a wellness facility with onsite fitness classes, healthy meal choices, and a walk-in clinic. We support employee financial health through a 401k match, ESPP, and employee discounts. Work/life balance is our foundation and is supported through paid holidays, and paid time off (including time to volunteer). We foster a diverse work environment through Employee Resource Groups and diverse strategic partnerships.
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please login or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE
*As reported by Financial Planning magazine, June 1996-2017, based on total revenue.