Senior Internal ConsultantApply Job ID: R-007091 Date posted: 07/23/2019 Primary Location SC-Fort Mill
Internal Consultant (Insurance)
The LPL Senior Annuity Internal Consultant (IC) role is a critical role at LPL in that it acts as a meaningful, consultative line of interaction with LPL advisors to help provide direction. These interactions involve specific client situations, LPL policies and procedures, products available and internal and external support resources. An IC is expected to have a strong understanding of the tools and resources available as well as products and concepts within their specific (Insurance or Annuities) realm. ICs must be skilled at asking appropriate probing questions to determine how to best to direct an advisor for a specific case and must also help communicate our value proposition. Ultimately, interactions with an IC will help increase insurance and/or annuity production by providing an outstanding overall experience and guidance on not just the appropriate product, but also the appropriate process. Consulting on products, concepts and processes, educating an advisor and providing appropriate referrals to both internal and external support teams is central to the IC role.
The Ideal Day for an IC encompasses, but is not limited to:
- Pull Illustration Requests from CRM within 24 hours, fulfill within 48 hours (Prioritize Tier 1)
- Scheduled Consultations – 3 per Day
- Inbound/Outbound Calls – 10 Contacts per Day
- Average Call Time – 10 Minutes
- Insurance Illustrations – 8 “Opportunities” / cases per Day
- Intra-Team Training
IC Guiding Principles:
- QUALITY is more important than QUANTITY
- Service and Sales go hand in hand
- If you’re unsure, ask a teammate or manager
Quantitative Goal: 30%+ Total Talk & Available Time as a % of Staffed Time
Goal: 90%+ Salesforce (Annuity) & CRM (Insurance) Utilization
Critical areas we can impact with advisors in every interaction:
- Trust – The advisor needs to know they can trust us to know our business, do what we say we are going to do, when we are going to do it.
- We Care – Advisors need to know we care about them, their clients and their business.
The primary purpose of the Internal Consultant, Annuity - Insurance is to support activities that drive success for LPL Financial Advisors within the assigned territory. This is achieved by providing support of the various annuity and insurance products such as features, benefits, pricing, competitive comparisons, or leveraging tools and technology. Most importantly, this role provides comprehensive case consultations in which individual clients/prospects are researched on behalf of the advisor.
The Insurance Internal Consultant is the subject matter expert and must demonstrate a high level of product knowledge, professionalism, and attention to detail and in order to be a trusted consultant for financial advisors. The split between outbound and inbound calls is 80/20.
- Annuity Practice Review – Drive sales, and consult with financial advisors about all aspects of their annuity practice, product & services to match the most applicable combination of practice management, economics, features and functionality to the client's needs.
- Case Consultations & Design – Consult with advisors to understand client needs, provide case design, risk class assessment, illustrations and recommends of suitable products and carriers to meet those needs. Assure appropriate sales materials are packaged to the advisor and engage them to help them understand and make adjustments to the case as needed. Engage with advisors to help them offer and sell the products.
- Advanced Concepts & Marketing- Provide overview of advanced sales concepts, consult with carrier wholesalers and refer cases to our Business Development officers or Premier Case Service as necessary. Assist business development by developing awareness of events, initiatives and responds to questions surrounding them. Participate in recruiting events.
- Articulate market and economic impacts as well as the technical investment characteristics of portfolios and underlying securities.
- Consult on supporting technology including portfolio analytic tools, investor presentation and proposal tool, annuity tools, and LPL BranchNet management/trading tools.
- Articulate our value proposition and four pillars of support and provides an overview of advanced sales concepts, internally and in the externally.
- With little direct supervision, problem solve a myriad of issues relating to compliance, operations, and technology concerns.
Other Job Duties:
- Leverage skills to diagnose advisor and client needs to provide appropriate options for consideration
- Assist advisors with analyses of existing prospect portfolios
- Through training maintain up-to-date job knowledge on proposal tools and other resources that assist advisors throughout the sales and service process with investors. Maintain current knowledge and understanding of LPL's offerings, Sponsor products, market dynamics and industry trends, etc.
- Work collaboratively across business units to provide service and to facilitate cross referrals
- Participate in appropriate professional development activities to best provide support to advisors and their clients which may include pursuit of certain professional designations and continuing education.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Economics, Finance, or related
- Life & Health license, Series 7, Series 6, Series 66, or 63/65
- 5-10 years in a related sales or consulting function
- Very strong knowledge of life insurance and annuity products, general brokerage background helpful
- Demonstrated excellent customer service skills including communication skills (both verbal and written)
- The ability to multitask and follow up, as well as the ability to maintain a positive client experience while diffusing tense situations
- Demonstrated ability to use independent judgment to make decisions and solve problems
- Demonstrated ability to excel in a fast-paced, client-centric team consultative environment encompassing multiple disciplines and product lines
- Demonstrated drive for professional growth and development
- MS Office proficiency
About LPL Financial:
LPL Financial is a leader in the retail financial advice market and the nation’s largest independent broker/dealer*. We serve independent financial advisors and financial institutions, providing them with the technology, research, clearing and compliance services, and practice management programs they need to create and grow thriving practices. LPL enables them to provide objective guidance to millions of American families seeking wealth management, retirement planning, financial planning and asset management solutions. LPL and its affiliates have more than 3,700 employees with primary offices in Boston, Charlotte, and San Diego.
If you join LPL, you will join a culture that believes in delivering a world-class client experience and looks to all employees to contribute to that goal by sharing their creativity, experience, and passion for continuous improvement. As a destination of choice, our top priorities are growth and development, social responsibility, and financial health for our employees.
We offer competitive compensation and industry leading benefits, including a wellness facility with onsite fitness classes, healthy meal choices, and a walk-in clinic. We support employee financial health through a 401k match, ESPP, and employee discounts. Work/life balance is our foundation and is supported through paid holidays, and paid time off (including time to volunteer). We foster a diverse work environment through Employee Resource Groups and diverse strategic partnerships.
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please login or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE
*As reported by Financial Planning magazine, June 1996-2017, based on total revenue.