Senior Internal Recruiter, Partner Recruiting - Business DevelopmentApply Job ID: R-005249 Date posted: 11/30/2018 Primary Location SC-Fort Mill
The Senior Internal Recruiter within our Business Development organization is responsible for maximizing recruiting outcomes for LPL’s affiliated recruiting partners, which includes independent offices, large enterprises, banks, and credit unions.
The Senior Internal Recruiter will be part of the Business Development team and report to the VP of Partner Recruiting. The ultimate goal of the Partner Recruiting Team is to drive incremental advisor joins to LPL via our affiliated recruiting partners through collaboration and effective utilization of resources. Extensive phone work is instrumental for the success of the Sr. Internal Recruiter, therefore the ability to effectively articulate over the telephone is of critical importance.
LPL has had success recruiting a wide variety of advisors into affiliated branches and institutional offices. This success has led to LPL becoming the largest independent broker-dealer in the country and the largest provider of these services to banks and credit unions.
- Collaborating with internal Business Consultants to identify, analyze, prioritize, and drive success with growth minded affiliated partners.
- Meeting with contacts at affiliated recruiting partners to understand strategy and resources and provide best practice consulting
- Managing relationships with various internal and external stakeholders around recruiting strategy and execution
- Managing a pipeline of complex engagements from start to finish with accountability for entire process
- Developing best practices and consulting tools to drive incremental advisor joins and further enhance LPL’s competitive offering in the industry
- Using CRM system to track and report on specific recruiting activity
- Using CRM system to report on pipeline status across all engagements
- Participate in weekly team meetings and 1:1’s with team leader(s)
- Training colleagues on specific opportunities and tracking activities and communication on those opportunities
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance or related areas
- Strong understanding and passion for the financial industry and financial planning process overall
- Series 7, 63/65, or 66 preferred
- Enthusiastic, polished, professional demeanor
- 4-5 years in a sales or consulting role; financial services experience required
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills are required
- Ability to quickly build rapport, both via phone and in person
- Ability to communicate effectively with leadership, field recruiting professionals, and internal recruiters and consultants
- Schedule flexibility including some travel
- MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, Salesforce, MS Outlook
This is a position that requires a specific skill set rather than an “exact science” resume. The appropriate candidate could come from several backgrounds, such as:
- Existing broker-dealer recruiter or business consultant
- Internal or External Wholesaler (preferably with multi-channel experience)
- Financial Advisor
About LPL Financial:
LPL Financial is a leader in the retail financial advice market and the nation’s largest independent broker/dealer*. We serve independent financial advisors and financial institutions, providing them with the technology, research, clearing and compliance services, and practice management programs they need to create and grow thriving practices. LPL enables them to provide objective guidance to millions of American families seeking wealth management, retirement planning, financial planning and asset management solutions. LPL and its affiliates have more than 3,700 employees with primary offices in Boston, Charlotte, and San Diego.
If you join LPL, you will join a culture that believes in delivering a world-class client experience and looks to all employees to contribute to that goal by sharing their creativity, experience, and passion for continuous improvement. As a destination of choice, our top priorities are growth and development, social responsibility, and financial health for our employees.
We offer competitive compensation and industry leading benefits, including a wellness facility with onsite fitness classes, healthy meal choices, and a walk-in clinic. We support employee financial health through a 401k match, ESPP, and employee discounts. Work/life balance is our foundation and is supported through paid holidays, and paid time off (including time to volunteer). We foster a diverse work environment through Employee Resource Groups and diverse strategic partnerships.
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please login or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE
*As reported by Financial Planning magazine, June 1996-2017, based on total revenue.