Senior Network AdministratorApply Job ID: R-000678 Date posted: 08/01/2017 Primary Location SC-Fort Mill
- Responsible for IT Service Manager requests and communication with the customer throughout the lifecycle of the request
- Monitors, troubleshoots, and escalates to appropriate support teams within the Incident Management framework
- Monitors, troubleshoots, and escalates high profile network performance issues with ability to provide root-cause analysis and recommends appropriate action
- Troubleshoot, monitor, and maintain data center core network for both routing and switching solutions
- Troubleshoot, monitor, and maintain F5 Local Traffic Manager, BIG-IP DNS, SSL/TLS on Viprion platform
- Troubleshoot, monitor, and maintain LAN, WAN, and Wireless infrastructure
- Perform periodic reviews and identify potential engineering / optimization efforts for in-place systems and technologies
- Assists with remote restore issues on various network, compute, storage, database, and virtualization platforms
- Coordinates and drives issues through problem resolution while minimizing restoral time and improving key incident management metrics
- Monitors, documents, and investigates all incoming alarms and tickets from various infrastructure platforms
- Investigates historical alarms and outages to trend and identify the root cause of these issues and direct repair activities to eliminate further problems
- Ensures daily shift ticket turnover by providing detailed documentation of each ticket’s status as well as any pertinent information relating to issues that occurred during the previous shift
- Create and maintain detailed networking standards and topology documentations
- Proactively monitor network performance and troubleshoot problem areas as required
- Must be resourceful and able to take initiative in a dynamic environment
- Provide on-call technical support when deemed necessary
- Bachelor’s degree in Telecommunications, Engineering, Computer Science or relevant experience
- Five or more years of data center core networking support
- At least three (3) years of implementation and troubleshooting data center related solutions for servers (Cisco UCS, x86, Blade Servers), operating system support (Windows, Linux and VMWare)
- At least five (5) years of experience with networking protocols and technologies such as TCP/IP, DHCP, DNS, QoS, CoS, BGP, EIGRP, OSPF, 802.1X, 802.1q, VLAN, MST, STP, RSTP, VTP, FHRP, HSRP, VRRP, IGMP, Multicast, IP SLA, MPLS, VRF, PBR, DMVPN, GRE, NHRP, VPN, SSL, IPSec, NTP, CDP, FTP, SFTP, TACACS+, RADIUS, SPAN, RSPAN
- Experience designing, architecting, planning and implementing routing, switching and data center solutions and strategies in multi-vendor environment Cisco, F5, Palo Alto, VMWare, Citrix, Unix, Microsoft
- Experience with installation, deployment, support and troubleshoot Cisco Nexus 7K, 5K, and 2K platform
- Experience with testing, deploying, maintaining data center networking technologies vPC, FEX, OTV, LISP, FCOE
- Experience with Cisco UCS server virtualization and associated networking requirements
- Experience with Cisco’s Secure Access Control Server (ACS) or Identity Services Engine (ISE)
- Experience with networking management suite and protocols such as SolarWinds NPM, NCM, Traffic Analyzer, WireShark, WildPacket, Arista, SNMP version 2c & 3, Netflow, sFlow, Syslog
- Experience with network services that include LAN, WAN, WLAN, MPLS, SSL VPN, application/global load balancing, remote access services, Site-to-Site VPN
- Proven ability to meet designated deadlines and ability to manage multiple projects
- Proficient with each product within Microsoft Office Suite including MS Visio
LPL Financial, the nation’s largest independent broker/dealer since 1996* and the fourth largest broker/dealer overall, serves as an enabling partner to more than 14,000 independent financial advisors and approximately 700 financial institutions. Since its formation decades ago, LPL has focused on one primary mission -- enabling independent financial advisors to bring objective and un-biased financial advice to millions of Americans.
Headquartered in Boston, San Diego, and Fort Mill, and powered by more than 3,300 client-centric employees, LPL is financially strong and growing.
If you join LPL, you will join a culture that believes in delivering a world-class client experience and looks to all employees to contribute to that goal by sharing their creativity, experience, and passion for continuous improvement. As a destination of choice, our top priorities are growth and development, social responsibility, and financial health for our employees.
We offer competitive compensation and industry leading benefits, including a wellness facility with onsite fitness classes, healthy meal choices, and a walk-in clinic. We support employee financial health through a 401k match, ESPP, and employee discounts. Work/life balance is our foundation and is supported through paid holidays, and paid time off (including time to volunteer). We foster a diverse work environment through Employee Resource Groups and diverse strategic partnerships.
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please login or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE
*As reported by Financial Planning magazine, June 1996-2017, based on total revenue.