Senior Network Engineer, Production SvcsApply Job ID: R-006815 Date posted: 06/19/2019 Primary Location CA-San Diego Other Locations SC-Fort Mill
Senior Network Engineer
The Senior Network Engineer will be responsible for participating in the design, integration, operation and management of LPL Financial complex enterprise network which internetwork a variety of platforms, operating systems, network topologies and protocols. The Senior Network Engineer will also provide technical support by analyzing hardware and or software data, identifying the root cause of the problem and implementing the appropriate solution. This position is responsible for infrastructure operations, maintenance, and troubleshooting. As well as, monitoring, analyzing, configuring, and optimizing of small/medium sized business networks, and all associated equipment including windows/unix servers, windows workstations, routers, switches, load balancers, and firewalls.
The Senior Network Engineer will also assist in the research, identification and deployment of solutions that meet business requirements for high availability, reliability, scalability, performance, security and cost that best leverages and integrates with the existing and planned IT infrastructure for LPL. The Senior Network Engineer is expected to have high level experience with multiple technical areas including Cisco switches N7K, N5K, N2K Series and Cisco routers ASR 1002, Juniper Netscreen, Fortinet, and Palo Alto firewalls, as well as F5 load balancers. Excellent customer service and effective communication skills (written and verbal) are basic components of the job.
The ideal candidate must be collaborative, technically sound, self-motivated, result driven professional with an excellent operational background as well as an impressive analytical ability.
The Senior Network Engineer reports to the Infrastructure Manager and must develop working relationships with IT and all employees he/she comes into contact with.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
- Responsible for IT Service Manager requests and communication with the customer throughout the lifecycle of the request
- Troubleshoots high profile network performance issues with ability to provide root-cause analysis and recommends appropriate action
- Install, configure, and maintain data center core network for both IP- based routing and switching solutions
- Install, configure, and maintain Palo Alto Firewall including various VPN solutions
- Install, configure, and maintain F5 Local Traffic Manager, BIG-IP DNS, SSL/TLS on Viprion platform
- Perform periodic reviews and identify potential reengineering / optimization efforts for in-place systems and technologies
- Create and maintain detailed networking standards and topology documentations
- Proactively monitor network performance and troubleshoot problem areas as required
- Must be resourceful and able to take initiative in a dynamic environment
- Provide on-call technical support when deemed necessary
- Bachelor’s degree in Telecommunications, Engineering, Computer Science or relevant experience
- Five or more years of data center core networking support
- At least three (3) years of designing and implementing data center related solutions for servers (Cisco UCS, x86, Blade Servers), operating system support (Windows, Linux and VMWare)
- At least five (5) years of experience with networking protocols and technologies such as TCP/IP, DHCP, DNS, QoS, CoS, BGP, EIGRP, OSPF, 802.1X, 802.1q, VLAN, MST, STP, RSTP, VTP, FHRP, HSRP, VRRP, IGMP, Multicast, IP SLA, MPLS, VRF, PBR, DMVPN, GRE, NHRP, VPN, SSL, IPSec, NTP, CDP, FTP, SFTP, TACACS+, RADIUS, SPAN, RSPAN
- Experience designing, architecting, planning and implementing routing, switching and data center solutions and strategies in multi-vendor environment Cisco, F5, Palo Alto, VMWare, Citrix, Unix, Microsoft
- Experience with installation, deployment, support and troubleshoot Cisco Nexus 7K, 5K, and 2K platform
- Experience with testing, deploying, maintaining data center networking technologies vPC, FEX, OTV, LISP, FCOE
- Experience with Cisco UCS server virtualization and associated networking requirements
- Experience with Cisco’s Secure Access Control Server (ACS) or Identity Services Engine (ISE)
- Experience with networking management suite and protocols such as SolarWinds NPM, NCM, Traffic Analyzer, WireShark, WildPacket, Arista, SNMP version 2c & 3, Netflow, sFlow, Syslog
- Experience with network services that include LAN, WAN, WLAN, MPLS, SSL VPN, application/global load balancing, remote access services, Site-to-Site VPN
- Proven ability to meet designated deadlines and ability to manage multiple projects
- Proficient with each product within Microsoft Office Suite including MS Visio
Special Certifications Requirement:
- Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP Data center) required
- Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert (CCIE Data center) preferred
- Industry certification such as : Checkpoint, Palo Alto, F5, Juniper, Infoblox, Solarwinds SCP a PLUS
Physical Demands and Work Environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job:
- The employee is regularly required to talk or hear.
- The employee is required to sit for extended periods of time and is occasionally required to stand and walk.
- The employee must regularly use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects and is regularly required to reach with hands and arms; the employee may occasionally climb or balance, and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate, and no extreme conditions are present.
About LPL Financial:
LPL Financial is a leader in the retail financial advice market and the nation’s largest independent broker/dealer*. We serve independent financial advisors and financial institutions, providing them with the technology, research, clearing and compliance services, and practice management programs they need to create and grow thriving practices. LPL enables them to provide objective guidance to millions of American families seeking wealth management, retirement planning, financial planning and asset management solutions. LPL and its affiliates have more than 3,700 employees with primary offices in Boston, Charlotte, and San Diego.
If you join LPL, you will join a culture that believes in delivering a world-class client experience and looks to all employees to contribute to that goal by sharing their creativity, experience, and passion for continuous improvement. As a destination of choice, our top priorities are growth and development, social responsibility, and financial health for our employees.
We offer competitive compensation and industry leading benefits, including a wellness facility with onsite fitness classes, healthy meal choices, and a walk-in clinic. We support employee financial health through a 401k match, ESPP, and employee discounts. Work/life balance is our foundation and is supported through paid holidays, and paid time off (including time to volunteer). We foster a diverse work environment through Employee Resource Groups and diverse strategic partnerships.
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please login or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE
*As reported by Financial Planning magazine, June 1996-2017, based on total revenue.