Senior Operations Specialist, Fortigent Reconciliation & SupportApply Job ID: R-008584 Date posted: 03/11/2020 Primary Location SC-Fort Mill
Fortigent, LLC is a financial services firm embedded within LPL Financial that provides wealth management and consulting services to independent advisors, banks and trust companies who require a comprehensive outsourcing solution to meet the demands of their high net worth clients. Fortigent’s Operations department manages the firm’s outsourcing aspects in terms of performance reporting, portfolio accounting, and alternatives reconciliation. We have an immediate and unique need for a Senior Operations Specialist within our Brokerage Reconciliation division.
- Reconciliation of client accounts within Fortigent’s proprietary Portfolio Accounting software system, specific to:
- Brokerage statements
- Position and transaction feeds supplied by custodians
- Retirement plans
- Evaluation of daily trading activity and transactions
- Entry of transactional cost accounting data
- Adherence to deadlines pertaining to service level agreements and project conclusion dates
- Interfacing with Fortigent’s Consulting team to address specific needs of advisors
- Analysis and resolution of data quality issues and queries
- Processing internal support requests from other departments
- Daily administration of departmental activities as defined by upper management
- Coordination with our Technical Development team regarding project-driven tasks that will enhance internal efficiencies
- Bachelor’s degree in business or finance; other degrees will be considered
- 2+ years’ experience, preferably in the financial/banking industry
- Experience with Evare products are encouraged
- Past exposure to performance measurement, portfolio accounting, as well as knowledge of bank and brokerage operations is preferred
- Self-motivated with close attention to detail and organizational skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products, specifically Excel and Word
- Ability to handle multiple projects, software and tasks at any given time
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
Fortigent offers a competitive compensation and benefits package.
About LPL Financial:
LPL Financial is a leader in the retail financial advice market and the nation’s largest independent broker/dealer*. We serve independent financial advisors and financial institutions, providing them with the technology, research, clearing and compliance services, and practice management programs they need to create and grow thriving practices. LPL enables them to provide objective guidance to millions of American families seeking wealth management, retirement planning, financial planning and asset management solutions. LPL and its affiliates have more than 4,200 employees with primary offices in Boston, Charlotte, and San Diego.
*As reported by Financial Planning magazine, June 1996-2019, based on total revenue.
If you join LPL, you will join a culture that believes in delivering a world-class client experience and looks to all employees to contribute to that goal by sharing their creativity, experience, and passion for continuous improvement. As a destination of choice, our top priorities are growth and development, social responsibility, and financial health for our employees.
We offer competitive compensation and industry leading benefits, including a wellness facility with onsite fitness classes, healthy meal choices, and a walk-in clinic. We support employee financial health through a 401k match, ESPP, and employee discounts. Work/life balance is our foundation and is supported through paid holidays, and paid time off (including time to volunteer). We foster a diverse work environment through Employee Resource Groups and diverse strategic partnerships.
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please log in or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE.
Information on Interviews:
LPL will only communicate with a job applicant directly from an @lpl.com email address and will never conduct an interview online or in a chatroom forum. During an interview, LPL will not request any form of payment from the applicant, or information regarding an applicant’s bank or credit card. Should you have any questions regarding the application process, please contact LPL’s Human Resources Solutions Center at (800) 877-7210.