Senior Operations SpecialistApply Job ID: R-008111 Date posted: 11/14/2019 Primary Location SC-Fort Mill
The Sr Operations Specialist is responsible for account maintenance as it relates to Advisory billing and various fee adjustments, including terminations, cycle changes, IAR changes, with the use of various systems including Oracle, the Advisory Fee Billing Tool, Portia, BETA, Access databases, and other internal supporting applications. The ideal candidate will be detail-oriented, able to flourish in a fast-paced setting under pressure, and possess the desire to improve processes.
- Monitoring accounts below program funding requirements and missing documents for termination
- Direct Bill maintenance and processing
- Fee adjustment processing – cycle changes, terminations, rep changes, conversions and billing corrections
- Correspondence with Portfolio Managers regarding account termination and liquidation orders
- Coordination with internal departments for processing of journals, distributions, account opening, trading, compliance and performance
- Assist with resolution of fee and termination inquiries and issues
- Run Quality Controls for billing and resolve discrepancies
- Processing – fee posting, manual batch tickets, custom billing processing and batching
- Reporting for billing and regulatory requests
- Resolving complex billing issues
- Assist Service and Specialized teams via POI phone queue
- Kick off monthly billing process
- Ability to problem solve and find solutions
- 0-2 years in the brokerage, accounting or financial services industry
- Working knowledge of Microsoft products specifically, Excel, Word and Access
- Strong problem solving skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Keen attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to perform under pressure to meet deadlines
- Strong customer service skills
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent preferred
About LPL Financial:
LPL Financial is a leader in the retail financial advice market and the nation’s largest independent broker/dealer*. We serve independent financial advisors and financial institutions, providing them with the technology, research, clearing and compliance services, and practice management programs they need to create and grow thriving practices. LPL enables them to provide objective guidance to millions of American families seeking wealth management, retirement planning, financial planning and asset management solutions. LPL and its affiliates have more than 3,700 employees with primary offices in Boston, Charlotte, and San Diego.
If you join LPL, you will join a culture that believes in delivering a world-class client experience and looks to all employees to contribute to that goal by sharing their creativity, experience, and passion for continuous improvement. As a destination of choice, our top priorities are growth and development, social responsibility, and financial health for our employees.
We offer competitive compensation and industry leading benefits, including a wellness facility with onsite fitness classes, healthy meal choices, and a walk-in clinic. We support employee financial health through a 401k match, ESPP, and employee discounts. Work/life balance is our foundation and is supported through paid holidays, and paid time off (including time to volunteer). We foster a diverse work environment through Employee Resource Groups and diverse strategic partnerships.
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please login or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE
*As reported by Financial Planning magazine, June 1996-2017, based on total revenue.