Senior Product AnalystApply Job ID: R-015988 Date posted: 06/25/2021 Primary Location SC-Fort Mill Other Locations TX-Austin
Are you a team player? Are you curious to learn? Are you interested in working in meaningful projects? Do you want to work with cutting-edge technology? Are you interested in being part of an agile team that is working to transform our investor platform? If so, LPL Financial is the place for you!
Excited to learn more? If so, then this could be the role for you!
LPL Financial is one of the nation's leading financial services companies and a publicly traded company under ticker symbol LPLA. We support over 18,000 financial professionals—including over 14,000 independent advisors, more than 700 financial institutions, and over 4,000 institutional clearing and technology subscribers. We enable advisors to focus on their clients by reducing the complexity of running their practice and we support their business by offering enabling technology, comprehensive clearing and compliance services, practice management programs and training, and independent research. At LPL, we take care of our advisors, so they can take care of their clients. And Technology is at the center of our mission.
The Senior Product Analyst works within the agile process and is the final authority for decisions regarding priority, business value, and functionality for all the work done by the Agile development team. The Product Owner / Analyst possesses an in depth knowledge of goals and desired objectives of the project, as well as analytical skills to assess and articulate what needs to be built.
- Analyze business systems and clearly communicates requirements through epics and stories so they are understood.
- Create, maintain, prioritize, and sequence the product backlog based on business value or ROI.
- Create user stories and acceptance tests from themes and features granular enough for a single sprint.
- Ability to manage multiple, simultaneous efforts spanning multiple projects and stakeholders.
- Decide which user stories are scheduled into sprints.
- Participate in product increment planning, daily stand-up meetings (scrums), reviews, retrospectives, sprint and release planning, demos and other Scrum-related meetings.
- Review deliverable and demonstrable code after every sprint, and has the authority to accept or reject.
- Develop and maintain standards for testing and progress visibility.
- Assists as needed with backlog maintenance.
- Assist with internal and external communication, improving transparency, and radiating information.
- Assist with prioritization and resolution of defects / bugs
What are we looking for?
We want strong collaborators who can deliver a world-class client experience. We are looking for people who thrive in a fast-paced environment, are client-focused, team oriented, and are able to execute in a way that encourages creativity and continuous improvement.
- 5+ Business Analysis/Product Analyst experience
- Product management experience within an agile delivery framework
- Experience working with Trading Platforms and Trading Activity
- A track record of innovative thinking and problem solving
- Superior skill and ability in multi-tasking and appropriate prioritization
- Exemplary collaboration, interpersonal, and presentation skills
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and collaboratively with all levels of staff and management across multiple partner teams
- Ability to effectively respond to dynamically changing work environment and to positively influence business outcomes
- Strong communication skills, both writing and oral, with the ability to present materials to the highest levels in the organization, and the ability to frame complex issues.
- 5-10 years Financial services experience
- AWS/Cloud project or product experience preferred
- SAFe Training or Certifications
At LPL, we believe that objective financial guidance is a fundamental need for everyone. As the nation’s leading independent broker-dealer, we offer an integrated platform of proprietary technology, brokerage, and investment advisor services. We provide you with a work environment that encourages your creativity and growth, a leadership team that is supportive and responsive, and the opportunity to create a career that has no limits, only amazing potential.
We are one team on one mission. We take care of our advisors, so they can take care of their clients.
Because our company is not too big and not too small, you can seize the opportunity to make a real impact. We are committed to supporting workplace equality, and we embrace the different perspectives and backgrounds of our employees.We also care for our communities, and we encourage our employees to do the same. This creates an environment in which you can do your best work.
Want to hear from our employees on what it’s like to work at LPL? Watch this!
We take social responsibility seriously. Learn more here
Want to see info on our benefits? Learn more here
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please log in or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE.
Information on Interviews:
LPL will only communicate with a job applicant directly from an @lplfinancial.com email address and will never conduct an interview online or in a chatroom forum. During an interview, LPL will not request any form of payment from the applicant, or information regarding an applicant’s bank or credit card. Should you have any questions regarding the application process, please contact LPL’s Human Resources Solutions Center at (800) 877-7210.