Senior Product OwnerApply Job ID: R-015368 Date posted: 06/10/2021 Primary Location SC-Fort Mill Other Locations CA-San Diego
LPL Financial is seeking a Compliance, Legal, and Risk (CLR) Product Owner who will help lead a portfolio of CLR products and programs, and be part of the organizations ongoing Digital Transformation work.
The Product Owner helps bring purpose to the Scrum Team and is charged with maximizing the value of the team’s work. The Product Owner maintains the Product Backlog and works closely with Stakeholders, Customers, and the Business to cultivate and nurture a community around the product. The Product Owner is a liaison between the Scrum Team and Stakeholders, and ensures the team is building the right product solutions at the right time. The Product Owner provides “who, what, and why” so that the Scrum Team can answer “how.”
The Product Owner will coordination across business and technology to help stand up the product roadmap, create, prioritize and refine stories in the product backlog, and help drive the implementation of the client solutions. The Product Owner will be expected to contribute to key on-the-spot decisions regarding scope and requirements.
Reporting to the product manager, the ideal candidate has a combination of business acumen, and software and product knowledge. They will assist with the development and delivery of product solutions, and ensure creative and continuous improvements to our products, with the goal of exciting our advisors and making it easier for our employees to do their work.
This role will embrace strategic, entrepreneurial, analytical, product, and project management skillsets to support our growth and positioning as LPL continues to expand.
We want strong collaboratorswho can deliver a world-class client experience. We are looking for people who thrive in a fast-paced environment, are client-focused, team-oriented, and are able to execute in a way that encourages creativity and continuous improvement.
What will you do?
- Be a conduit between the Scrum Team and the Business to eliminate interruption
- Meet with Stakeholders to understand the strategic vision for the Product
- Collaborate with the Product Manager to define Features
- Break Features down to User Stories and prioritize the Product Backlog
- Drive collaboration and coordination across business and technology throughout the development process
- Communicates with stakeholders, end users, business and IT and manages their expectations
- Business expert that prioritizes and accepts the work developed by team(s)
- Assist the Scrum Team with creating Acceptance Criteria and defining the team’s “Definition of Ready” and ‘Definition of Done”
- Be available to the Scrum Team to answer questions about the Product by attending Scrum Ceremonies
- Review User Stories to ensure all defined Acceptance Criteria has been met
- Showcase the Scrum Team’s accomplishments and receive feedback at Demo & Review
- Represent the Scrum Team at SoS and keep a pulse on the direction of the Program
- Be an advocate for the Scrum Team and explain their capabilities and limitations to the Business - set the team up for success
What does your success look like in the first 90 days?
- Immerse yourself in, and learn as much as you can about the Compliance, Legal and Risk business, agile model, product model, the company, and our advisors
- Bring a fresh perspective, ideas, and critical thinking to how our growing team operates, consistently asking questions and pushing for progress over perfection
- Work with others in the team, department, and across the company to understand the LPL ecosystem and how it pertains to our strategic plays, business line and product development
What are we looking for?
- 5-10+ years of experience in product management, consulting, program & project management, preferably within a financial services or related Fintech firm
- 5+ years participating, developing, cultivating, and leading strong, high-performing teams in an agile environment
- 3+ years as a Product Owner working with Agile/Scrum
- Certified Scrum Product Owner and/or Professional Scrum Product Owner preferred
- Ability to work well in a fast-paced, changing environment
- Strong knowledge of project life cycle, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Flexibility and organizational change management experience
- The ability to work in a cross-functional team and drive outcomes without having direct authority
- Must be able to comfortably and effectively communicate cross-functionally with multiple technical and non-technical teams
- Outstanding organizational skills, especially with adapting to change and shifting priorities appropriately
- Ability to effectively address “cost, performance, and schedule” constraints
- Translate strategic vision into technical specifications
The Compliance, Legal & Risk (CLR) team is focused on delivering an industry-leading client service and risk management experience by providing advisors and our internal business partners with proactive guidance, advice, advocacy and consultative partnerships.
At LPL, we believe that objective financial guidance is a fundamental need for everyone. As the nation’s leading independent broker-dealer, we offer an integrated platform of proprietary technology, brokerage, and investment advisor services. We provide you with a work environment that encourages your creativity and growth, a leadership team that is supportive and responsive, and the opportunity to create a career that has no limits, only amazing potential.
We are one team on one mission. We take care of our advisors, so they can take care of their clients.
Because our company is not too big and not too small, you can seize the opportunity to make a real impact. We are committed to supporting workplace equality, and we embrace the different perspectives and backgrounds of our employees.We also care for our communities, and we encourage our employees to do the same. This creates an environment in which you can do your best work.
Want to hear from our employees on what it’s like to work at LPL? Watch this!
We take social responsibility seriously. Learn more here
Want to see info on our benefits? Learn more here
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please log in or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE.
Information on Interviews:
LPL will only communicate with a job applicant directly from an @lplfinancial.com email address and will never conduct an interview online or in a chatroom forum. During an interview, LPL will not request any form of payment from the applicant, or information regarding an applicant’s bank or credit card. Should you have any questions regarding the application process, please contact LPL’s Human Resources Solutions Center at (800) 877-7210.