Senior QA Automation EngineerApply Job ID: R-007632 Date posted: 11/05/2019 Primary Location CA-San Diego Other Locations SC-Fort Mill
Reporting to Quality Assurance Manager, the Senior QA Automation Engineer collaborates, estimates, designs and automates tests that ensure LPL delivers the highest quality products that will produce value for our Advisors. The Sr. QA Automation Engineer will work closely with their project team to achieve 100% in-sprint test automation on web based applications, third party applications and infrastructure projects.
- Estimate, prioritize, plan, and coordinate testing activities with Development team
- Analyze and translate technical designs, business requirements and user stories
- Collaborate with Business Users, Infrastructure Engineers, Information Security Engineers, Application Developers, Project Managers and Product owners to expose risks, assumptions and dependencies
- Design tests based on risk and business impact
- Write reusable test cases in Gherkin
- Write reusable automated tests in Java
- Design, create and maintain reusable test data to support test designs
- Write automated service tests
- Participate in product releases
- Report test progress and quality status to project stakeholders.
- Report software defects and shepherd them through the defect life cycle to closure.
- Seek to understand goals and regulations behind SDLC Life Cycle and work to continuously improve processes to meet goals and regulatory obligations with greatest efficiency
- Work with peers in test, development, data center and other organizations to troubleshoot and resolve project issues both technical and non-technical in nature
- Quickly analyze unfamiliar applications and design appropriate tests
- Configure test environments as necessary to support test efforts.
- Mentor and coach junior engineers
- Perform code and standards reviews
- B.S. in Computer Science or equivalent
- 4+ years’ experience, or an equivalent combination of training and experience in
Creating web-based/service tests
Writing Automated tests in Java
Behavior Driven Development and Cucumber
DevOps and continuous delivery pipelines and systems
- Understanding of Restful API and Service models
- Demonstrated experience with Quality Assurance methodologies and techniques including white box testing, risk based test design, pairwise testing, Gherkin, infrastructure testing and User Acceptance Testing
- Demonstrated leadership skills
- Excellent spoken and written communication skills
- Experience working with offshore team members
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment where resourcefulness, determination, and strong problem-solving skills are necessary for success.
- Positive attitude and the ability to complete assigned objectives with minimal supervision.
- QA experience with financial applications is a plus.
About LPL Financial:
LPL Financial is a leader in the retail financial advice market and the nation’s largest independent broker/dealer*. We serve independent financial advisors and financial institutions, providing them with the technology, research, clearing and compliance services, and practice management programs they need to create and grow thriving practices. LPL enables them to provide objective guidance to millions of American families seeking wealth management, retirement planning, financial planning and asset management solutions. LPL and its affiliates have more than 3,700 employees with primary offices in Boston, Charlotte, and San Diego.
If you join LPL, you will join a culture that believes in delivering a world-class client experience and looks to all employees to contribute to that goal by sharing their creativity, experience, and passion for continuous improvement. As a destination of choice, our top priorities are growth and development, social responsibility, and financial health for our employees.
We offer competitive compensation and industry leading benefits, including a wellness facility with onsite fitness classes, healthy meal choices, and a walk-in clinic. We support employee financial health through a 401k match, ESPP, and employee discounts. Work/life balance is our foundation and is supported through paid holidays, and paid time off (including time to volunteer). We foster a diverse work environment through Employee Resource Groups and diverse strategic partnerships.
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please login or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE
*As reported by Financial Planning magazine, June 1996-2017, based on total revenue.