Senior Research Analyst - UX/UIApply Job ID: R-011762 Date posted: 10/30/2020 Primary Location CA-San Diego Other Locations SC-Fort Mill
Do you have at least 7 years of UX/UI design experience producing engaging, usable, and effective design solutions?
If so, this could be the role for you!
The Research Department at LPL Financial is seeking a Senior Research Analyst to join our UX/UI team. This individual will work with product managers, UI designers, and developers to bring innovative solutions to the hands of our advisors.
What will you do?
- Drive user-centered designs; translate user and business needs and technical capabilities into dynamic and innovative products that provide the best possible user experience.
- Develop test plans, workflows, user task analysis, personas, interaction flows, wireframes, low fidelity mock-ups, and navigational flows.
- Take ownership of advisor & investor recruitment for our research studies
- Lead in user research through every stage of the product lifecycle; planning and running usability studies, field visits, analyzing research reports, conducting heuristic evaluations, and performing low to high fidelity usability tests.
- Present designs to cross-functional teams and negotiate trade-offs between business goals, engineering challenges, and customer experience.
- Develop guidelines, standards, and design processes and ensure that they are fully integrated into the customer-centered product development lifecycle.
What are we looking for?
We want strong collaborators who can deliver a world-class client experience. We are looking for people who thrive in a fast-paced environment, are client-focused, team-oriented, and can execute in a way that encourages creativity and continuous improvement.
What skills, experiences, and education are required?
- Bachelor's degree with a minimum of 7 years of UX design experience producing engaging, usable, and effective design solutions
- Able to articulate design concepts and prototypes, with the ability to define your "vision" for the project in a variety of ways - written, visually, and verbally.
- Strong time management skills.
- Strong skills in mediating and resolving competing requirements and designs.
- Prior experience using different user testing techniques such as remote testing, in lab testing, automated online testing, A/B Testing, card sorting, guerrilla usability testing
At LPL, we believe that objective financial guidance is a fundamental need for everyone. As the nation’s leading independent broker-dealer, we offer an integrated platform of proprietary technology, brokerage, and investment advisor services. We provide you with a work environment that encourages your creativity and growth, a leadership team that is supportive and responsive, and the opportunity to create a career that has no limits, only amazing potential.
We are one team on one mission. We take care of our advisors, so they can take care of their clients.
Because our company is not too big and not too small, you can seize the opportunity to make a real impact. We are committed to supporting workplace equality, and we embrace the different perspectives and backgrounds of our employees.We also care for our communities, and we encourage our employees to do the same. This creates an environment in which you can do your best work.
Want to hear from our employees on what it’s like to work at LPL? Watch this!
We take social responsibility seriously. Learn more here
Want to see info on our benefits? Learn more here
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please log in or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE.
Information on Interviews:
LPL will only communicate with a job applicant directly from an @lpl.com email address and will never conduct an interview online or in a chatroom forum. During an interview, LPL will not request any form of payment from the applicant, or information regarding an applicant’s bank or credit card. Should you have any questions regarding the application process, please contact LPL’s Human Resources Solutions Center at (800) 877-7210.