Senior Security Operations Center AnalystApply Job ID: R-012502 Date posted: 02/05/2021 Primary Location SC-Fort Mill
LPL Financial is looking for a Senior Security Operations Center (SOC) Analyst to join our Security Operation Center supporting our financial advisors. The ideal candidate must be able to work as part of a team in a fast-paced environment.
The Senior SOC Analyst must be an information security savvy, self-motivated professional who has a strong passion for cybersecurity, and an earnest desire to learn. This individual should be interested in being challenged daily and up to date on cyber threats.
The senior analyst is a cybersecurity professional with several years of security experience and must be driven to join us in defending our company as the first line of defense to execute numerous monitoring and triage playbooks. The Senior SOC Analyst will be in charge of monitoring event queues, taking the lead in investigating and analyzing security alerts, monitoring the health of security sensors and endpoints, and collecting data and context as necessary.
As a Senior SOC Analyst, you will have the following responsibilities and tasks:
- Reviewing alerts, the evaluation of its urgency and relevancy
- Monitor and investigate incidents related to data loss prevention
- Help to maintain the current security-related infrastructure
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Functional organizational abilities with keen attention to detail
- The ability to think creatively to find solutions to complex problems
- The ability to work both independently and collaboratively within a larger team
- A willingness to be challenged along with a healthy appetite for learning
- Minimum of 5 years in a hands—on security related experience
- Strong written communication skills
- Ability to communicate effectively with non-technical personnel
- Familiarity with network, system, and security administration, including:
- Fundamental Windows and Linux administration
- Next-Generation firewalls
- Intrusion Detection/Prevention systems
- Vulnerability management platforms
- Enterprise endpoint protection
- DNS and fundamental TCP/IP protocols
- Familiarity with the use of SIEM including creating and modifying queries and alerts
- Familiarity with the use of security orchestration, automation and response solutions
- Familiarity with vulnerability scanning and reporting
- Familiarity with cloud platforms such as AWS, Azure, or Google Cloud
- Understanding of incident response procedures and practices
- Understanding of threat intelligence models and data
- 1-2 years of experience with Splunk SIEM
- 1-2 years of experience with endpoint security
- Successfully execute and triage Incident response procedures
At LPL, we believe that objective financial guidance is a fundamental need for everyone. As the nation’s leading independent broker-dealer, we offer an integrated platform of proprietary technology, brokerage, and investment advisor services. We provide you with a work environment that encourages your creativity and growth, a leadership team that is supportive and responsive, and the opportunity to create a career that has no limits, only amazing potential.
We are one team on one mission. We take care of our advisors, so they can take care of their clients.
Because our company is not too big and not too small, you can seize the opportunity to make a real impact. We are committed to supporting workplace equality, and we embrace the different perspectives and backgrounds of our employees.We also care for our communities, and we encourage our employees to do the same. This creates an environment in which you can do your best work.
Want to hear from our employees on what it’s like to work at LPL? Watch this!
We take social responsibility seriously. Learn more here
Want to see info on our benefits? Learn more here
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please log in or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE.
Information on Interviews:
LPL will only communicate with a job applicant directly from an @lpl.com email address and will never conduct an interview online or in a chatroom forum. During an interview, LPL will not request any form of payment from the applicant, or information regarding an applicant’s bank or credit card. Should you have any questions regarding the application process, please contact LPL’s Human Resources Solutions Center at (800) 877-7210.