Senior Software EngineerApply Job ID: R-008113 Date posted: 11/14/2019 Primary Location SC-Fort Mill
Senior Full Stack Engineer
As a key member of LPL’s Growth Technology team, this role offers a unique opportunity to help lead the design, implementation, and ongoing maintenance of LPL's Digital Transformation. Our engineers work closely with teams across LPL to deliver technology services to millions of investors and more than 16,000 advisors across the US.
The successful candidate will be passionate about delivering ongoing, incremental improvements aligned to LPL's Digital Transformation and Growth roadmaps, and inject new ideas and concepts into those initiatives. Candidates are expected to implement advanced automation, orchestration and delivery capabilities following an agile, product based methodology with small frequent releases. You will be responsible for implementing reusable secure design patterns for multi-channel applications including mobile and voice, capable of operating at cloud scale, along with other capabilities that are core to LPL's platforms.
- Support the implementation of LPL's growth and digital transformation strategy by helping introduce new technologies, techniques, and patterns to help LPL move at “start-up speed”.
- Work with the Cloud Lead, vendors and third party consultants to design and implement Infrastructure as Code frameworks using CloudFormation, Terraform, or other technologies for compute, storage, network, etc.
- Partner with our Enterprise Architect teams to implement patterns for high-availability and disaster recovery solutions that improve resiliency, availability and enable continuous operations.
- Partner with database teams to implement modern data storage patterns including SQL/NoSQL variants, and cloud native DB products including deployment templates, replication patterns, failover/failback, and data archive policies. Ability to make data actionable through advanced querying knowledge. Machine Learning experience highly desired.
- Partner with information security and risk to implement LPL's security framework, associated controls, automated security and continuous compliance policies.
- Be an advocate of the proper use of container technologies, with specific emphasis on Docker and Kubernetes.
- Strong understanding of modern application design patterns and principles.
- Support prototyping and rapid evaluation of technologies and solutions and drive our culture of experimentation.
- Recommend solutions for reducing risk, increasing resiliency, and improving performance.
Some of the things we’re looking for:
Practical, hands-on understanding of cloud technology, with specific emphasis on AWS’ serverless and cognitive services.
- Several years of hands-on experience designing and implementing public cloud solutions.
- Demonstrable hands-on experience in cloud-scale application architecture and design using modern frameworks like node.js, Loopback.js, Python, Go, etc.
- Strong understanding of modern patterns such as Test Driven Development, Dependency Injection, event-oriented architecture, etc.
- Certification in one or more AWS or Azure disciplines including architecture, development, systems administration, or specialties such as InfoSec and data science are strongly desired.
About LPL Financial:
LPL Financial is a leader in the retail financial advice market and the nation’s largest independent broker/dealer*. We serve independent financial advisors and financial institutions, providing them with the technology, research, clearing and compliance services, and practice management programs they need to create and grow thriving practices. LPL enables them to provide objective guidance to millions of American families seeking wealth management, retirement planning, financial planning and asset management solutions. LPL and its affiliates have more than 3,700 employees with primary offices in Boston, Charlotte, and San Diego.
If you join LPL, you will join a culture that believes in delivering a world-class client experience and looks to all employees to contribute to that goal by sharing their creativity, experience, and passion for continuous improvement. As a destination of choice, our top priorities are growth and development, social responsibility, and financial health for our employees.
We offer competitive compensation and industry leading benefits, including a wellness facility with onsite fitness classes, healthy meal choices, and a walk-in clinic. We support employee financial health through a 401k match, ESPP, and employee discounts. Work/life balance is our foundation and is supported through paid holidays, and paid time off (including time to volunteer). We foster a diverse work environment through Employee Resource Groups and diverse strategic partnerships.
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please login or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE
*As reported by Financial Planning magazine, June 1996-2017, based on total revenue.