Senior Systems Analyst, FinanceApply Job ID: R-017646 Date posted: 10/25/2021 Primary Location SC-Fort Mill Other Locations CA-San Diego
LPL Financial (Nasdaq: LPLA) was founded on the principle that the firm should work for the advisor, and not the other way around. Today, LPL is a leader* in the markets we serve, supporting more than 19,000 financial advisors, 800 institution-based investment programs and 450 independent RIA firms nationwide. We are steadfast in our commitment to the advisor-centered model and the belief that Americans deserve access to objective guidance from a financial advisor. At LPL, independence means that advisors have the freedom they deserve to choose the business model, services, and technology resources that allow them to run their perfect practice. And they have the freedom to manage their client relationships, because they know their clients best. Simply put, we take care of our advisors, so they can take care of their clients.
The Senior Systems Analyst within the Finance department will report to the Assistant Vice President of Finance Systems. The Senior Systems Analyst is responsible for system administration tasks, identifying opportunities to streamline finance processes using technology, and enhancing, implementing, and supporting financial systems. The Senior Systems Analyst will catalyze change in a controlled and risk sensitive manner to scale systems and processes within the Finance department of LPL Financial Holdings and its subsidiaries.
Seeking an individual with an inquisitive mind, unapologetic desire to challenge the status quo, and a history of successfully scaling business solutions.
- Perform recurring system administration tasks to support business operations.
- Build and maintain relationships within Finance, Technology, other business organizations, and with third party vendors.
- Provide a customer centric experience for business partners.
- Create documentation including process narratives, process flows, requirement documents, policies, and procedures.
- Analyze complex business workflows and processes. Identify process bottlenecks and inefficiencies. Assist in the development of solutions to remediate identified inefficiencies.
- Manage and execute UAT for implementations with varying ranges of complexity.
- Understand and derive meaning from structured and semi-structured data. Identify data anomalies.
- Develop exception and financial reports for management’s key objectives and external financial reporting.
- Communicate technical and complex topics in an easily comprehensible manner to decision makers and key stakeholders.
- Train and support end users on system functionality and processes.
- Promote a culture of continues improvement within a volatile environment.
- Balance and prioritize tasks between multiple concurrent initiatives.
- Assist Program Managers in the continual development of a Finance software development roadmap.
- Support the continued stability and scalability of cloud and proprietary software solutions.
What are we looking for?
We want strong collaborators who can deliver a world-class client experience. We are looking for people who thrive in a fast-paced environment, are client-focused, team oriented, and are able to execute in a way that encourages creativity and continuous improvement.
- Minimum of 3 years of professional experience is required
- BA/BS degree in Finance, Accounting or related field is required
- CPA, CFA, MBA are pluses
- Proven track record of process improvements
- Experience supporting various financial systems. Preferred experience includes Oracle Planning and Budgeting Cloud Service (PBCS), and loan servicing solutions such as Advanced Commercial Banking Solution (ACBS)
- Experience leveraging BI and analytics tools such as Tableau, Power BI, and Alteryx is a plus
- VBA, SQL, or programming knowledge is a plus
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects and activities
- Strong understanding of SOX controls and ensuring compliance over financial reporting
- Strong leadership and management skills, particularly in managing change
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to interact effectively with all levels of management and staff
At LPL, we believe that objective financial guidance is a fundamental need for everyone. As the nation’s leading independent broker-dealer, we offer an integrated platform of proprietary technology, brokerage, and investment advisor services. We provide you with a work environment that encourages your creativity and growth, a leadership team that is supportive and responsive, and the opportunity to create a career that has no limits, only amazing potential.
We are one team on one mission. We take care of our advisors, so they can take care of their clients.
Because our company is not too big and not too small, you can seize the opportunity to make a real impact. We are committed to supporting workplace equality, and we embrace the different perspectives and backgrounds of our employees.We also care for our communities, and we encourage our employees to do the same. This creates an environment in which you can do your best work.
Want to hear from our employees on what it’s like to work at LPL? Watch this!
We take social responsibility seriously. Learn more here
Want to see info on our benefits? Learn more here
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please log in or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE.
Information on Interviews:
LPL will only communicate with a job applicant directly from an @lplfinancial.com email address and will never conduct an interview online or in a chatroom forum. During an interview, LPL will not request any form of payment from the applicant, or information regarding an applicant’s bank or credit card. Should you have any questions regarding the application process, please contact LPL’s Human Resources Solutions Center at (800) 877-7210.