Senior Tech EngineerApply Job ID: R-011906 Date posted: 01/25/2021 Primary Location SC-Fort Mill
Major Incident/Problem Manager
The Incident and Problem Manager will be responsible for managing processes to restore normal service operation as quickly as possible and provide support for ongoing incidents and the long-term remediation of the incident root cause. The role will be responsible for maintaining detailed records of all incidents, capturing root cause, and ensuring problem resolution to minimize the adverse impact on business operations and commissions corrective work to prevent recurrences.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Capture, triage, and escalate incidents to technical teams as necessary.
- Ensure all the necessary IT technical business partners are on the technical bridge and lead technical triage bridge lines to fast restoral of customer-impacting incidents
- Demonstrate technical knowledge and leadership ability to direct technical teams to the root cause and resolution in a timely fashion.
- Drive mean time to restore (MTTR) improvements, and ensure the collection and tracking of knowledge articles to minimize MTTR, as well as, effectively track and reduce repeat issues.
- Create and deliver both verbal and written communications associated with customer-impacting incidents, providing end-to-end internal and external incident communications including root cause and follow-up.
- Review Incident trends to proactively identify problems and initiate root cause analysis and resolution.
- Assess business impact and urgency, declare a major incident, and trigger business continuity procedures or disaster recovery as applicable.
- Provide Incident reporting, including a detailed description of Incident from detection through problem resolution.
- Provide service availability and performance metrics to support reliable reporting.
- Lead problem management meetings with a focus on recent major incidents, Root Cause Analysis, and incident trending.
- Track process efficacy using established Key Performance Indicators (KPIs).
- Collaborate with team members to improve the Incident management process and problem management processes
- Available to work nights, weekends, and holidays as part of on-call-rotation
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Systems, or other related field required. Four to Six years of related hands-on experience or the equivalent combination of education and experience required.
- Strong analytical, organizational, and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively at all levels of an organization.
- Excellent analytical ability, judgment, and problem analysis techniques.
- Effective at driving short-term results that are consistent with long-term goals.
- Effective planning, time-management, and maintaining calm in high-pressure situations.
- Skilled at operating in a matrix environment.
- Desired ITIL 4.0. Certification, IMP, or Six Sigma
At LPL, we believe that objective financial guidance is a fundamental need for everyone. As the nation’s leading independent broker-dealer, we offer an integrated platform of proprietary technology, brokerage, and investment advisor services. We provide you with a work environment that encourages your creativity and growth, a leadership team that is supportive and responsive, and the opportunity to create a career that has no limits, only amazing potential.
We are one team on one mission. We take care of our advisors, so they can take care of their clients.
Because our company is not too big and not too small, you can seize the opportunity to make a real impact. We are committed to supporting workplace equality, and we embrace the different perspectives and backgrounds of our employees.We also care for our communities, and we encourage our employees to do the same. This creates an environment in which you can do your best work.
Want to hear from our employees on what it’s like to work at LPL? Watch this!
We take social responsibility seriously. Learn more here
Want to see info on our benefits? Learn more here
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please log in or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE.
Information on Interviews:
LPL will only communicate with a job applicant directly from an @lpl.com email address and will never conduct an interview online or in a chatroom forum. During an interview, LPL will not request any form of payment from the applicant, or information regarding an applicant’s bank or credit card. Should you have any questions regarding the application process, please contact LPL’s Human Resources Solutions Center at (800) 877-7210.