Senior Unified Communications and Telecom EngineerApply Job ID: R-002484 Date posted: 05/01/2018 Primary Location SC-Fort Mill Other Locations FL-Remote
- Maintain and administer Avaya and Cisco telephony switching equipment.
- Design/deploy/maintain Cisco voice & video products.
- Configure and troubleshoot VoIP traffic across Cisco switches and routers.
- Responsible for DNIS routing and 800 # conditioning.
- Perform system integrity and connectivity tests to ensure system availability.
- Troubleshoot voice communications problems of varying complexity.
- Identify opportunities to streamline and optimize routing strategies; teach others how to maintain and create effective routing strategies.
- Explain complex telecom strategies to others in the organization and describe their advantages and disadvantages in simple business terms.
- Lead projects and mentor other team members.
- Participate in limited after hours and on-call support as part of a team rotation.
- At least 5 years of engineering experience in telecommunications.
- At least 3 years of technical experience with Cisco Unified Communications.
- Experience with Avaya PBX/ACD.
- Cisco network routing experience, including QoS.
- Experience supporting complex technical services in Contact Center and/or retail administrative environments.
- Senior level technical understanding of:
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager/Call Manager
- Cisco Unified Presence
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager Express
- Voice Gateways / Routers / Switches
- Cisco CUBE Routers and other SBC Solutions
- Experience leading medium to large IT telephony/communications projects.
- Demonstrated people and project leadership qualities.
- On occasion work flexible hours to accommodate after hours and weekend activities such as installation, testing, managing events.
About LPL Financial:
LPL Financial is a leader in the retail financial advice market and the nation’s largest independent broker/dealer*. We serve independent financial advisors and financial institutions, providing them with the technology, research, clearing and compliance services, and practice management programs they need to create and grow thriving practices. LPL enables them to provide objective guidance to millions of American families seeking wealth management, retirement planning, financial planning and asset management solutions. LPL and its affiliates have more than 3,700 employees with primary offices in Boston, Charlotte, and San Diego.
If you join LPL, you will join a culture that believes in delivering a world-class client experience and looks to all employees to contribute to that goal by sharing their creativity, experience, and passion for continuous improvement. As a destination of choice, our top priorities are growth and development, social responsibility, and financial health for our employees.
We offer competitive compensation and industry leading benefits, including a wellness facility with onsite fitness classes, healthy meal choices, and a walk-in clinic. We support employee financial health through a 401k match, ESPP, and employee discounts. Work/life balance is our foundation and is supported through paid holidays, and paid time off (including time to volunteer). We foster a diverse work environment through Employee Resource Groups and diverse strategic partnerships.
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please login or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE
*As reported by Financial Planning magazine, June 1996-2017, based on total revenue.