Senior Vice President, Brand and CreativeApply Job ID: R-022410 Date posted: 06/14/2022 Primary Location SC-Fort Mill Other Locations SD-Remote , CA-Remote , CA-San Diego
LPL Financial (Nasdaq: LPLA) was founded on the principle that the firm should work for the advisor, and not the other way around. Today, LPL is a leader* in the markets we serve, supporting more than 18,000 financial advisors, 800 institution-based investment programs and 450 independent RIA firms nationwide. We are steadfast in our commitment to the advisor-centered model and the belief that Americans deserve access to personalized guidance from a financial advisor. At LPL, independence means that advisors have the freedom they deserve to choose the business model, services, and technology resources that allow them to run their perfect practice. And they have the freedom to manage their client relationships, because they know their clients best. Simply put, we take care of our advisors, so they can take care of their clients.
LPL is looking for an extraordinary creative talent and business-minded brand strategist to join our Marketing & Communication leadership team. This leader will be responsible for maturing LPL’s recently deployed brand positioning, building out brand architecture, partnering across business lines to define and measure how brand contributes to marketing and sales goals, and shaping the strategy for how a 30-year-old B2B company with a leading reputation in its space evolves to serve adjacent markets and increase consumer awareness.
In addition, this individual will lead a talented team responsible for delivering high-impact creative that furthers our goals of attracting new clients, helping existing clients thrive, and engaging prospective and current employees.
The successful leader will have a comprehensive understanding of all relevant areas – including brand strategy and activation, graphic design, creative asset development – as well as the strategic management and measurement of them, in addition to strong business acumen and talent management skills.
A remote work location is an option, but relocation is available to the Charlotte or San Diego areas. The role reports into the Chief Marketing & Communication Officer.
- Deep expertise in corporate branding, design, and storytelling, with solid knowledge of a wide range of mediums and delivery channels
- Skilled at diagnosing business challenges, articulating the team’s role in solving for business and client needs, and then aligning teams to the task
- Applies user-centered, innovative thinking to produce new ideas; encourages testing and experimentation to optimize experiences, performance, and outcomes
- Egoless collaborator who works effectively in a matrixed environment and is comfortable counting on peers to work collectively toward mutual success
- Can establish and clearly articulate measures of success and willing to hold others accountable to meeting stated goals
- Ability to shape positive culture that is supportive of diversity, equity, and inclusion by building talent, breaking down barriers, and fostering relationships across teams
- Strong analytical and communication skills to persuade with compelling business cases; uses data to form conclusions that may challenge conventional wisdom
The ideal candidate for this role will have:
- Strategic Agility: Approaches strategy with an entrepreneurial mindset. Uses critical thinking to increase the value proposition that translates into market advantages.
- Problem solving and Decision making: Focuses on customer-centric process that frames the right hypothesis. Uses human-centric design thinking to work back from the customer experience. Develops a fact base to inform solutions.
- Operational Execution: Develops roadmaps, milestones and operational metrics that align with anecdotal evidence. Communicates the journey and uses iterative cycles at pace to support continuous learning and improve outcomes. Sets a high bar for results through repeatable, sustainable processes.
- Talent Management: Reputation for building strong, motivated teams at scale with the ability to recruit top professionals, attract followers, and develop top talent, in addition to understanding of how and when to leverage external resources.
- Influence: Ability to collaborate internally and externally to maintain alignment on vision, strategy, and performance to goals.
- A Bachelor's degree in design, marketing, or related field
- Approximately 15+ years of progressive brand marketing and creative experience, some portion in financial services preferred
- History of working closely with C-suite and other senior-level executives
- Experience building, leading, and structuring highly effective teams of 15+ individuals
- Experience selecting and directing agency partners
At LPL, we believe that objective financial guidance is a fundamental need for everyone. As the nation’s leading independent broker-dealer, we offer an integrated platform of proprietary technology, brokerage, and investment advisor services. We provide you with a work environment that encourages your creativity and growth, a leadership team that is supportive and responsive, and the opportunity to create a career that has no limits, only amazing potential.
We are one team on one mission. We take care of our advisors, so they can take care of their clients.
Because our company is not too big and not too small, you can seize the opportunity to make a real impact. We are committed to supporting workplace equality, and we embrace the different perspectives and backgrounds of our employees.We also care for our communities, and we encourage our employees to do the same. This creates an environment in which you can do your best work.
Want to hear from our employees on what it’s like to work at LPL? Watch this!
We take social responsibility seriously. Learn more here
Want to see info on our benefits? Learn more here
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please log in or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE.
Information on Interviews:
LPL will only communicate with a job applicant directly from an @lplfinancial.com email address and will never conduct an interview online or in a chatroom forum. During an interview, LPL will not request any form of payment from the applicant, or information regarding an applicant’s bank or credit card. Should you have any questions regarding the application process, please contact LPL’s Human Resources Solutions Center at (800) 877-7210.